Travel to taiwan in november, 2017

Rita

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello My Friends,
I am going to Taiwan in next Nov, I am vegan I am have a bit worry I wont find the place to eat. Plz suport me and advise me something that all of you had experiences.

Thank you a lot & wish a nice day to all of you.
Rita

I went to Taiwan in May. https://www.amazon.com/Taiwan-Travel-Vegans-Jesse-Duffield-ebook/dp/B00Z25E5RW was a great guide book I bought. I reccomend this.

For restaurants in Taipei, I went to Fruitful Food, Flourish, and About Animals. They were all very good food although the last one is quite low key in terms of decor and neither of the first two was particularly cheap.

There are many vegan places (see book) but you have to know exactly where to go. You won't find any just by walking around the street. Some of them are in out of the way locations like Fruitful Food is on the 12th floor of a department store, and About Animals is just off in some minor residential district. So know when you are going in advance.

The book also explains how to ask for vegan food and what Chinese symbols to look for that mean vegan.

For smaller places outside of Taipei, you can look to carry food with you if you are a very strict vegan, or look for vegan options at mainstream places otherwise.

There is also the iVegan supermarket in Taipei to stock up before heading to other places.

In train stations, the MOS burger offers a rice mushroom burger, with rice patty in place of bread.

Taipei is better than most places in Asia, or even the world, for vegan options, and is probably on a par with a liberal Western city. Which is not saying a lot since vegans are in the minority everywhere.

Have a good trip!

I went to Taiwan in May. https://www.amazon.com/Taiwan-Travel-Vegans-Jesse-Duffield-ebook/dp/B00Z25E5RW was a great guide book I bought. I reccomend this.

For restaurants in Taipei, I went to Fruitful Food, Flourish, and About Animals. They were all very good food although the last one is quite low key in terms of decor and neither of the first two was particularly cheap.

There are many vegan places (see book) but you have to know exactly where to go. You won't find any just by walking around the street. Some of them are in out of the way locations like Fruitful Food is on the 12th floor of a department store, and About Animals is just off in some minor residential district. So know when you are going in advance.

The book also explains how to ask for vegan food and what Chinese symbols to look for that mean vegan.

For smaller places outside of Taipei, you can look to carry food with you if you are a very strict vegan, or look for vegan options at mainstream places otherwise.

There is also the iVegan supermarket in Taipei to stock up before heading to other places.

In train stations, the MOS burger offers a rice mushroom burger, with rice patty in place of bread.

Taipei is better than most places in Asia, or even the world, for vegan options, and is probably on a par with a liberal Western city. Which is not saying a lot since vegans are in the minority everywhere.

Have a good trip!
Hello my friend,
Many thanks for your info.
Have a nice day :)
Rita

Have a good trip!

Have a good trip!
Hello My Friend,
I can not buy this book. This is ebook! Kindly help me ...!
Love,
Rita