Advertisement

Vanilla almond milk recall

Discussion in 'Food' started by Emma JC, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    This recall makes a good argument for buying plant milks from companies that only supply plants milks and don't have dairy nearby.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/03/health/hood-vanilla-almond-milk-recall-fda/index.html

Got milk? Vanilla Almond Breeze might, prompting recall

HP Hood LLC has recalled some half-gallon cartons of refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk because they may contain milk, an allergen not listed on the label, the US Food and Drug Administration said Friday. A single reported allergic reaction did not require medical treatment or hospitalization.

The product is safe to consume unless you have a milk allergy or sensitivity, the Massachusetts-based company noted in a statement. However, those who do have an allergy or severe sensitivity to milk run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions if they consume the beverage...... READ the REST ONLINE.

Emma JC

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. amberfunk

amberfunk Active Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Almond breeze actually has trace amount of dairy in it. I found this out when I was breast feeding my son. It is not vegan. I contacted the company and they told me. I stopped buying it years ago.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Forest Nymph
    Jaded

Forest Nymph Active Member

Ratings:
    +218 / 1 / -11
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    That's weird. It was on sale at the co op last week but I opted for oat and hemp milks instead. I'm glad I didn't go for the sale.