Vegan baby help me please

Mondonna

Newcomer
Reaction score
hi everyone . So my toddler now only and only eats pancakes , anything can be inside it as long as it’s pancakes . As we recently turned vegan after being a vegetarian for years , I’m still new to replacing dairies etc .

I would like to make pancake batters so I can mix veggies inside . What can I use ( no baking powder or baking soda please ) what is an healthy option to make it all stick together and can be used on daily basis ( open to more than 1 recipe as well so I can unlternate during the week . I have the flour base of whole wheat , oat , flax , Chic pea ...

Thank you !!!!!!! Peace and happiness to all .

I know all too well the pickiness of toddlers. My son would only eat chicken nuggets and fries at one point. At 4 I'm finally starting to get him to eat what I make sometimes. I just finally got a chicken nugget substitute for him (thank you boca).

I don't really know how to make pancakes from scratch. I use bisquick or hodson mill mix to make them and add whatever I want to them. I've added canned pumpkin to pancakes before with some pumpkin pie spices and vegan chocolate chips. I'm sure you could also add pureed sweet potatoes to the mix as well. Since you have flaxseed that should keep the pancakes together when using sweet potatoes but you won't need it for the pumpkin since it's not as liquidy.

My husband makes a mean pancake (without veggies, though, so I'm not sure what would happen if he put veggies in the batter), but I believe he uses baking powder. Just out of curiosity, why do you want to avoid baking powder and baking soda?

Hi Mondonna,

Yesterday was Pancake Thursday. That was because Shrove Tuesday crept by us without being noticed.

We have given up on attempting to make very thin pancakes without eggs. In the UK there is a product called No Egg which is supposedly a substitute. But we have found that everything turns out to be exactly the same whether or not it is used.

For us pancakes are made from just flour, soy milk and a little sugar and are only about three inches across and of greater thickness than the traditional pancake. I suppose they are more of a drop scone or a Welsh Cake without the dried fruit. But they are brilliant with the traditional maple syrup.

As for your problem: they would be of no use to make wraps. But they might be great for making “burgers” with your filling. Would that tempt your little one?

Roger.

Hi Mondonna,

Yesterday was Pancake Thursday. That was because Shrove Tuesday crept by us without being noticed.

We have given up on attempting to make very thin pancakes without eggs. In the UK there is a product called No Egg which is supposedly a substitute. But we have found that everything turns out to be exactly the same whether or not it is used.

For us pancakes are made from just flour, soy milk and a little sugar and are only about three inches across and of greater thickness than the traditional pancake. I suppose they are more of a drop scone or a Welsh Cake without the dried fruit. But they are brilliant with the traditional maple syrup.

As for your problem: they would be of no use to make wraps. But they might be great for making “burgers” with your filling. Would that tempt your little one?

Roger.

Hello.

I have some ideas. You can add a can of curry veggies and curry powder to pancake or crepe batter. I also make Mexican pancakes with salsa, black beans and a little corn tortilla flour with other flours. Corn tortilla or masa flour helped south Americans get nutrients out of corn by adding basic lye to it. You can even blend the vegetables

Last edited: