Advertisement

Vegan christmas dinner

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Forest Nymph, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Forest Nymph
    Old Hag

Forest Nymph Active Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 1 / -11
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I was quite pleased that my local co-op had reduced the prices of the new Tofurky "Holiday Ham" (other wise known as Vegetarian Ham Roast) from $14-15 dollars down to a mere $9.99 and offered a coupon for .50c off any Tofurky brand item. So I paid less than 10 dollars for my first vegan "ham", leaving extra money for fresh rosemary sprigs and a green apple for making this recipe:

I watched Vegan Zombie's video around American Thanksgiving, but had already obtained two of the original Tofurky Roast for Thanksgiving...and back then the "ham" was still nearly five dollars more expensive than the traditional vegan roast at my local co-op. I vowed to make this recipe for Christmas, and now I will!

I'm also going to veganize traditional stuffing mix with Earth Balance, veg broth, celery and onion, and add a side of broccoli.

What do you have planned for Christmas dinner?

P.S. I'm loving the snowflakes on the forum, so cheery and festive!

2. amberfunk

amberfunk Active Member

Ratings:
    +164 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I'm planning on making the ham roast. I have to pick it up after work. I also wanted to make stuffing with it. I had the best stuffing in my life at whole foods the other day. They made it with beluga lentils and it was so good. Will also have mashed potatoes with gravy and rolls. I want to make green bean casserole as well but not really sure yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Forest Nymph
    Old Hag

Forest Nymph Active Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 1 / -11
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Interesting! Beluga lentils! I'll have to look into this...I love green bean casserole, a vegan friend of mine made some at Thanksgiving, but that would be more ingredients I would have to buy lol.

4. Breadandwine

Breadandwine Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    The Tofurky ham hasn't reached these shores, yet, AFAIK, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. We (my GD and I) are having the tofurkey roast tomorrow, for our Xmas dinner. I'm also making homemade haggis wrapped in seitan inside a bread crust for our other meals over the holidays. My omnivore son has been nibbling the haggis and pronounced it 'gorgeous'!

• Like Like x 1