Vegan Cook Book To Appease My Family

veganteen1994

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie sort-of-vegan teenager. My parents have expressed concern over the healthiness and cost effectiveness of a vegan diet, so I am searching for the perfect vegan cook book which assures them that I am meeting nutritional requirements while staying within our grocery budget.

To summarise, I am looking for a cookbook with:
- plant based whole foods
- plenty of nutritional information
- budget friendly meals
- delicious, spice-filled food (asian cuisine preferred)
- quick to make - limited baking

You can lead a horse to water....

So I'm going to suggest not to buy one but get it out of the library. If they actually start using it, you might buy it (or another one ) for a present.

So with that in mind I feel free not to recommend just one but a whole bunch. you can then see which ones are at the library and check them all out. maybe not all of them will be in your library or maybe some you will have to put on hold.

Also if you actually go to the library to check them out, you may see some others on the shelf. Go and get check them out too.

And just like at Baskin Robbins (do they have B&R in London?) you can get some free samples. I've provided some links to those.

Sort of like the MCU, some vegan books have their own "collections".
Probably the best known one is Forks Over Knives. Not only is there the original book (well worth reading) there is the Documentary (7.7/10). And something like 6 books, a magazine and a website.
You can even get a two week meal plan for free.

My favorite is the How Not To Die collection. I think there are only three books in this collection: How not to Die; How Not To Diet; and the How Not To Die Cookbook. The first is one of them most popular books for vegans interested in nutrition. . Dr. Gregar wrote then all and has his own website/.organization: NutritionFacts. I keep Dr. Gregars Daily Dozen taped to the refrigerator.

Another good one is the Eat To Live collection by Fuhrman. The Eat to live 6 week plan is a PDF you can download for a $1 on Amazon.

Esselstyn
author of a few books and also has a free PDF download

McDougall
his free program is at

Barnard
Barnard is a big contributor and founder of PCRM.

Coleen Patrick Goudreau
has lots of cookbooks, and a website, and a podcast.
You can get her free Joyful Vegan Guide for free here

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
You can lead a horse to water....

So I'm going to suggest not to buy one but get it out of the library. If they actually start using it, you might buy it (or another one ) for a present.

So with that in mind I feel free not to recommend just one but a whole bunch. you can then see which ones are at the library and check them all out. maybe not all of them will be in your library or maybe some you will have to put on hold.

Also if you actually go to the library to check them out, you may see some others on the shelf. Go and get check them out too.

And just like at Baskin Robbins (do they have B&R in London?) you can get some free samples. I've provided some links to those.

Sort of like the MCU, some vegan books have their own "collections".
Probably the best known one is Forks Over Knives. Not only is there the original book (well worth reading) there is the Documentary (7.7/10). And something like 6 books, a magazine and a website.
You can even get a two week meal plan for free.

My favorite is the How Not To Die collection. I think there are only three books in this collection: How not to Die; How Not To Diet; and the How Not To Die Cookbook. The first is one of them most popular books for vegans interested in nutrition. . Dr. Gregar wrote then all and has his own website/.organization: NutritionFacts. I keep Dr. Gregars Daily Dozen taped to the refrigerator.

Another good one is the Eat To Live collection by Fuhrman. The Eat to live 6 week plan is a PDF you can download for a $1 on Amazon.

Esselstyn
author of a few books and also has a free PDF download

McDougall
his free program is at

Barnard
Barnard is a big contributor and founder of PCRM.

Coleen Patrick Goudreau
has lots of cookbooks, and a website, and a podcast.
You can get her free Joyful Vegan Guide for free here
Thanks, this was really helpful!

• Friendly
  • Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou