Vegan face wash for men

I have used nothing but water to wash my face for years and years and I only put an oil on once a week or so in the winter and never in the summer. Friends who use a facewash or soap have many more wrinkles and skin issues.

Emma JC

Just read a review on Amazon about a coconut facewash called Alaffia that is vegan. In the picture her whole face is red with bumps on them. Won't be using this or any other coconut oil products. I have sensitive skin.

" I bought the whole skin Care and this is what happened to my face within four days of using this product. I do not have acne problems or oily skin I just wanted to try a new skin care product. And the worst and final blow was they will not refund me my money. I found out if coconut oil is not heated correctly it can cause more damage to you then good. I highly recommend NOT buying this product "

We use PURE COCONUT OIL. Not a product that contains some coconut oil. I always get unrefined, virgin coconut oil. It costs like a dollar more than refined and has a stronger smell, but it lasts a long time (certainly longer than a tube of face wash) ...when I was younger my face broke out or got red easily, and I practically tore my skin to pieces with St. Ives Apricot Scrub in my 20s because it seemed "natural" and I thought the gritty stuff was necessary to get rid of my pimples.

As I got older I realized that it was actually the more gentle, creamy cleansers that would help my face, not a harsh scrub (though scrubs are okay once and a while, not every day).

For a couple of years now all I use is coconut oil or plain water and a face cloth. Occasionally I'll use some spray toner for sensitive skin or a do a mud mask, but that's it.

nd I practically tore my skin to pieces with St. Ives Apricot Scrub in my 20s because it seemed "natural" and I thought the gritty stuff was necessary to get rid of my pimples.
OMG I did the same thing! It was a nightmare. I cringe when I think about all the things I used to do to my skin because I thought I had to. I also used rubbing alcohol because I thought it was necessary to get rid of all the "pimple-causing" oil. Yikes. I used to have super oily skin and never in a million years would I have thought that using oil on my face would be the solution. Little did I know I was just making it worse.

OMG I did the same thing! It was a nightmare. I cringe when I think about all the things I used to do to my skin because I thought I had to. I also used rubbing alcohol because I thought it was necessary to get rid of all the "pimple-causing" oil. Yikes. I used to have super oily skin and never in a million years would I have thought that using oil on my face would be the solution. Little did I know I was just making it worse.

I know isn't it sad the stuff they tell us we need to do to ourselves, that actually cause more problems?

Reactions: TofuRobot
The most important thing is, you should wash your face with fresh water everytime you enter at home from outside. Wash your face at morning and before going to bed at night. The vegan face wash I would like to recommend is Pore-Restore Daily Cleanser 4oz from Olychka. Any vegan face wash helps to clean your face without stripping the beneficial oils from skin.

I cringe at the chemicals I used to use on my body- and the money I spent on them! Wish I could get that back!
Correct me if this isn’t vegan for some reason, but a norwex cloth is amazing for cleaning the face (and body.) My son was able to clear up most of his acne with just that, and the rest of it cleared up using a natural soap with birch from a local soap maker. I went over a year using just a norwex cloth to clean my face and body. The only reason I use a soap now is because the place we bought the birch soap makes some amazing smelling soaps and it’s a treat to use them. I still don’t use them daily, though.