Advertisement

Vegan household and beauty products?

Discussion in 'Products' started by HannahBanana, Jul 7, 2016.

1. HannahBanana

HannahBanana New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Hello!

A few months ago I decided to go from vegetarian to vegan - I'm absolutely loving my new diet!!

I have totally cut animal food products out with no problems, but I am struggling a bit with finding replacement products for some of my household cleaning products, and beauty products.

Does anyone have any UK recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hannah X

2. winter.frost

winter.frost Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Hannah. If you do a search for 'make up' or 'cosmetics' here on the forum you will find several threads with UK-based suggestions.

BioD is excellent for home cleaning. http://www.biodegradable.biz/

I'm glad you like your new diet so much ;)

3. HannahBanana

HannahBanana New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Just checked out their website which looks amazing - will definitely be trying the lavender laundry liquid!! Thanks a bunch X

• Like Like x 1
  4. Claide

Claide New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Hi, if you’re still looking for beauty products check out Arbonne! I started using them before I knew they were even vegan! Consultant name Claire Elrick.

5. MamaJessica
    Barefooter

MamaJessica Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    I use just vinegar, water, and a drop of dish soap. in a spray bottle. baking soda...
    Honest Company, Alevea, and Method are Vegan and/or cruelty-free as well.

As for make up, I use E.L.F but there are many different brands too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jenj

jenj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegetarian
    I LOVE RMS for makeup - especially their 'un-coverup'! Available from Lookfantastic (and they always seem to do good special offers that keep me coming back!). Cleaning products, i tend to just use Apple cider vinegar or Ecover but would love to find out more or make my own. Im currently in Spain and its a nightmare trying to find anything that is 'natural'

7. Mars Haven

Mars Haven Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    For cleaning products you can make some of your own cleaning solutions from items like lemon juice, white vinegar, peroxide, essential oils etc. try doing an online search for "diy cleaning products recipes." Youtuber Sophie Uliano has a lot of info about this subject. The best part of this is you know what's in the products and you save a lot of money too. Hope this helps.

8. veganwoman

veganwoman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  9. Khart3

Khart3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have just joined Tropic Skincare which is a fantastic animal cruelty free, vegan and natural skin/body care and makeup range! No chemicals are used at all so all very healthy for your skin. It is a great alternative for those looking for a way to still feel pampered and beautiful without using those products who do not believe in those concepts above! Please feel free to drop me a reply or message if you're interested!

But if you're not a talker, the website is www.tropicskincare.co.uk/shop/katiehart

:)

10. Lesley

Lesley Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Hi, try to search for a local store that offers refills. I'm in Glasgow, we have a great store round the corner from me that stocks vegan and cruelty free soaps, shampoos and cleaning products and you can refill your bottles. Helps to reduce plastic waste.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jinendra Singh
    Balanced

Jinendra Singh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Hello Hannah,
    I'm using Naveen addresschic cosmetic products which are
    100% cruelty-free completely vegan Sustainable and Green
    Halal and organic certified
    this product helped me a lot while transforming into a vegan.

12. clair.ita
    Angelic

clair.ita Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    I can't really find a good eyeshadows from a vegan brand. Any suggestions? But in terms of skincare I like all types of natural oils/serums. (Virginic has pretty decent ones)

13. Jinendra Singh
    Balanced

Jinendra Singh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan Newbie
    Naveen’s all-natural and luxurious Rose Firming Eye Cream simultaneously smoothens fine lines, strengthens delicate eye
    area and combats dark circles for brighter, younger-looking eyes. With a potent cocktail of botanical extracts and anti-oxidants such as certified organic olive fruit oil, rose damascene flower water oil and algae this beautiful eye cream melts into skin with ease and penetrates the skin cells allowing the skin to breathe for added brightness. It leaves skin plumped and perfectly prepped for makeup. It’s the perfect formula for those looking for delaying and protecting the development of fine lines, crow’s feet and another tell-tale sign of aging. [​IMG]
    http://www.addresschic.com/beauty/skin-care/rose-firming-eye-cream.html