• We've recently just upgraded software, bare with us there's a few kinks to iron out but if you notice anything that causes a major issue that isn't design/style related please post in the suggestions & bug forum, thank you!

Vegan seasoning for rice ?

ski

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan Newbie
I have been noticing my sodium is high 75% of it coming from seasoning for my rice I do eat rice every day and will for the next few months does anyone know off any good seasoning that is low in sodium?

Emma JC

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
paprika, garlic powder (not garlic salt), onion powder or granules, turmeric, pepper, chili powder, curry powder....

go to the Dollar or Pound or Euro store and buy the glass spice bottles and then the bulk store and buy the amount that will fit in the glass bottles - less expensive than buying premixed or bottled spice

the spices you use will depend on the taste you wish to end up with

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou and ski

Veganite

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
What about low sodium soy sauce? I'd also suggest cooking your rice in a low sodium veggie stock as well.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Another idea: In the spice's aisle there is a product called Mrs. Dash. Comes in a variety of flavor. Easy but not cheap. Also Bragg's makes some low sodium products good for seasoning rice.

ski

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan Newbie
What about low sodium soy sauce? I'd also suggest cooking your rice in a low sodium veggie stock as well.
never been a fan of soya on rice but that was ages ago i will give this a try

Lou

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Bragg's might we worth considering too, It also comes in different flavors. although it does have sodium, it comes in a spray bottle. So the amount you use is very small. It has a very strong flavor.

Kristen

Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
I have been noticing my sodium is high 75% of it coming from seasoning for my rice I do eat rice every day and will for the next few months does anyone know off any good seasoning that is low in sodium?
Have you tried Pop Zest’s Nutritional Yeast Seasonings? They’re vegan, low sodium, very tasty & highly nutritional! And come in 3 flavors