Vegantreatment.org treatment of lifestyle diseases(through medical nutrition therapy)

Urmanpreet

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
Using food as medicine to reverse lifestyle diseases like diabetes and heart diseases. What do you think, is it possible?

Many Doctors think so. Drs Gregar, Fuhrman, Barnard, McDougal, Klapper, Campbell, and
Esselstyn have all researched and written extensively on the subject.

I absolutely think food can have medical benefits.

However I think the bigger benefit, particularly with diabetes and heart disease, is more about not harming yourself with garbage food as opposed to a medicinal effect.

Edit: Should this be moved to the ads sub forum?

Last edited:
Many Doctors think so. Drs Gregar, Fuhrman, Barnard, McDougal, Klapper, Campbell, and
Esselstyn have all researched and written extensively on the subject.
I think the research has got real substance but perseverance in following the diet makes all the difference

I absolutely think food can have medical benefits.

However I think the bigger benefit, particularly with diabetes and heart disease, is more about not harming yourself with garbage food as opposed to a medicinal effect.

Edit: Should this be moved to the ads sub forum?
Rightly pointed out, we are avoiding the harmful effect of garbage food. But how powerful is the curing effect?

The movie Forks Over Knives is worth watching. Even better is the newer movie What the Health? It's a surprisingly enjoyable documentary about a very serious subject. I give it two thumbs up.

I just finished Eat To Live by Fuhrman. The book is not that fun to read but its very convincing. There seems to be countless medical studies showing that the WFPB diet does reduce the incidence of heart disease and diabetes. Plus Fuhrman seems to have lots of personal observations. According to Fuhrman, patients finishing his 6-week plan can reduce if not eliminate medications for diabetes and/or high blood pressure. If you are interested in this subject, i think Eat To Live should go to the top of your reading list.

I just checked out of the library the ebook How Not To Die by Gregar. Haven't started it yet but my presumption is that it is mostly a repeat of Fuhrman's book. It's newer so it might have some newer info.

I've been a vegan for years but just now starting to transition to a WFPB diet. it isn't easy. And all I had to do was try to reduce grains and eliminate oils. I bet for non-vegans it would be even more difficult. But I'm not motivated by diabetes or high blood pressure. If I was that would probably help.

https://www.riseofthevegan.com/blog/diabetes-reversal-with-plant-based-diet
https://nutritionfacts.org/2017/07/04/what-to-eat-to-cure-high-blood-pressure/

BTW, NutritionFacts.org has a lot of videos on these topics.