Vitamin d in 50000 units

aWiiPeanut

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello! So my lab work came back and I’m deficient in vitamin D. My doctor prescribed me 50000 units of vitamin D (i think it was twice a week), but i never got it filled because I’ve had trouble finding out ingredients for medications...and since it was a prescription I figured it would be the same. Where can i find a vegan vitamin D in this potency. I have some that is 800 units and have been taking some of that but i want to make sure I’m getting enough. All the 50000 ones i find are derived from lanolin.
Any help is appreciated!

I did some searching and couldn't find any, sorry. Stay away from this one. The description says in multiple places that it's vegan, but it is lanolin sourced :mad: call the vegan police!

I have MRM Vegan Vitamin D3. 5,000 IU
1250% of the mRDA

If you need 50,000 twice a week, you need 100,000 IU a week. or 10,000 IU five days a week.
You could just take two 5,000s Monday thru Friday.
I got mine from Amazon. About $15 for 60 capsules.
So that works out to be about $4/week.

The lanolin-based 50,000 ones would be much cheaper per week. About 10¢ a week.

https://mrm-usa.com/shop/heart/vegan-vitamin-d3/

That’s a great idea! It seems this is what I will end up doing. Much better than the 800IU I’ve been taking, and two pills a day isn’t bad
Thank you both for the help!!

you need 100,000 IU a week. or 10,000 IU five days a week

10,000 x 5 = 50,000 :p

It will be more expensive to take multiple 5,000IU pills...but still way cheaper than most medicine.

I would encourage Peanut to double check with the doctor and make sure he has the dosage correct. and also for how long. Is there a follow-up lab test scheduled to see how it works and when to stop.

And Sax makes a good point about it being cheaper than most medicines. Being that it is being prescribed to fix an issue - that is a good thing to keep in mind.