What’s a vegan snack you wished was available in stores, or online?

Good vegan jerky is hard to find in Canada, which is why I have resorted to making my own. The problem with half the stuff you buy in stores is that it's loaded with additives, and oils, and paragraphs of chemicals. Jerky does not need added oil or preservatives. A good vegan jerky would be nice. If I ever refine a product I love enough to market, you just never know.

Whoever creates a good vegan cheese, and I mean good, could be a rich person. Cheese is one of the major complaints for new vegans...and old ones. Cheese is a snack worthy food, since so many tasty snacks can be made with cheese. There's lots of reasonable alternatives, but nothing I would say is excellent. Miyoko's brands are my favorite for flavour at the moment, but even hers still have lots of room for improvement.

Beyond Meats have the meat issue just about solved. Lets hope they move onto cheese next.

Reactions: Lou
I think Miyokos's Kitchen has solved the vegan cheese problem. It's expensive, tho. she is Seattle based - so i imagine you can find it in Vancouver but not Ottawa. She does have a cookbook you can order online.

https://miyokoskitchen.com

I don't know of any not usually vegan snack items I would wish for. Never did like jerky. And I'm over cheese.
My favorite snacks were always potato chips and/or pretzels which are almost always vegan (easy enough to avoid the honey or sour cream flavored ones).
Lately, I have been buying sesame sticks in the bulk food bins at $5/lb. then I ration out just a little bit a day.

I'd like vegan croissants and chocolate pancakes. I loved them when I used to visit my French grandparents.

I also wish battered tofu was more easily available. There used to be stall at vegan fairs called 'something fishy' who sold fake 'fish' and chips and mushy peas.

she is Seattle based

She's actually out of Sonoma, California. Her products are available here, but at a huge mark up. It would have to be a very special occasion for me to buy her products, as much as I like them. They're just way too expensive.

Furthermore, while they are good, they are nothing compared to the cheeses I grew up eating. I am of French heritage, and I loved my cheese before going vegan. I still miss cheese, but have learned to live without it ages ago. I also don't want added oils in my diet, so I avoid such things unless it's a special occasion. Miyoko's is the best on pizza I've found so far. One of these days I might take a try at making my own cheeses, but until then I've learned to live without it.

Sonoma! I can drive to Sonoma. I wonder if she gives tours and free samples.