What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember who on here was talking about pancakes with date syrup, but it made me really want something like that! I went to the grocery store to buy some frozen waffles (not as good, but still good), and I remembered that Annie's has vegan cinnamon rolls that you can bake. I got some, and they were delicious. I was really happy. I have quite the sweet tooth, but I haven't been eating that much sugar lately, so it felt like a real treat.

My cookbook is arriving tomorrow! I will hopefully have some awesome meals to post about soon!

I picked a pumpkin this morning so now I'm making pumpkin curry. Going to make a large one so I can make the leftovers into soup with coconut cream tomorrow night.

Yesterday, my new cookbook arrived, so I wanted to try a recipe from it. I made whole wheat spaghetti with a tomato lentil sauce on top. It turned out well. I would definitely make it again.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
It sucks having leftover, leftovers, but that's what's on the menu tonight. Its gotta get eaten up. I should've had it for lunch today, but instead splurged on a Buddha bowl. Oh well :confused:

Baked potatoes with steamed spinach and a whole huge tomato, sliced, all dressed with the juice of a lime, salt and little pepper.

I might also eat some beans if I get hungry again.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Making tomato (tuna) sushi. Going to put cucumber, carrot and toasted sesame seeds in it.

Last night I had a simple, but delicious veggie stir-fry over rice noodles.

Yesterday afternoon I went with some friends to this really cool new pizza place. This place imported their wood-fired oven from Italy. Furthermore, their menu said vegan options, so I didn't hesitate at the opportunity. I love pizza. The pizza was amazing. If only there were leftovers. *grumbles*

Mashed potatoes - about 5 medium potatoes.

Mash sauce was a mixture of rolled oats, flax seeds, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, rosemary, and sumac blended well with water.

I think I finally found a dish I can make with my Wakame seaweed. Mixed it with dill water, black mustard seeds, salt, smoked paprika, onion, garlic and sumac to spice a blend of brown rice and soy beans for an imitation sushi dish. Could be improved but it was actually quite tasty.

Last night I did a huge Japanese yam topped with pinto beans, avocado, pea sprouts, and some salsa, and then with some roasted asparagus on the side.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I think I finally found a dish I can make with my Wakame seaweed. Mixed it with dill water, black mustard seeds, salt, smoked paprika, onion, garlic and sumac to spice a blend of brown rice and soy beans for an imitation sushi dish. Could be improved but it was actually quite tasty.
That sounds interesting. I have some in my cabinet still and only have a few things to use it for. I think I'll try this.

We're having red beans and rice today.

Usually, I love carb-y things much better than protein packed foods. After eating banana bread a lot over the past couple days, I was CRAVING protein last night. I ended up eating tofu and Fakin' Bacon, with tomato. It tasted so good. I need to get better at adding more beans to things, so I don't end up with such huge protein cravings now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.