What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japanese yam with roasted cauliflower and broccoli. It might sound boring, but it was delicious to me.

Reactions: hopeful
Noodles with steamed lentils*, broccoli, barley sprouts, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic and salt.

*soaked overnight

I so love mushrooms! I had smoked portabella and oyster mushrooms, sauteed on a bun with fried onions and BBQ sauce, with a corn on the cob on the side. It was sooooo good!

If you have a smoker, I highly recommend trying smoked mushrooms. This truly elevates the flavour to a whole new level. Even a chip-can in your BBQ works just fine. I just use a cheap Little Chief Smoker by Luhr Jensen. I will try smoking some seitan in it soon. It should elevate that flavour to new heights as well. I am addicted to smoke. lol

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I found some vegetable "meat" balls in Sainsbury's, thought I'd give a shot at spaghetti and "meat" balls. Went way better than I expected... Yeah, there's a lot of spaghetti because I had the munchies!

Looked photo worthy :p

[GALLERY=media, 225]Spaghetti & "meat" balls by Damo posted Mar 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM[/GALLERY]

What have you cooked recently? Lets see some photo's!
Looks yummy.

Chocolate shake:

Rolled oats (as flour), pepitas*(as flour), cocoa powder, peanut butter, whole dates (cooked to soften), mixed berries and a little bit of sugar since I didn't cook enough dates, and water - well blended.

*soaked overnight

Last night was just ramen for one. My hubby and son had already eaten so I just had to take care of myself.

After the food I had for breakfast and lunch I was not very hungry for dinner. I also took a nap today and was not very active outside of a brisk walk around my neighborhood.

Oil free Popcorn with a flaxseed/nutritional yeast dressing and a bit of apple cider vinegar and salt.

Last night, I finished my vegetable fried rice delivery (without egg).

Chopped tomato salad with onion and parsley, some hummus, baked falafel, avocado, and a garlic dill hummus dressing.

After the snack I had today(3..4pm):

https://veganforum.org/threads/snacks-in-between-meals.2436/page-2#post-12978

my dinner appetite was pretty much killed off, which was a surprise. All I'm eating are a few munchies: some grilled corn with salt and a few beers.

Edit: I'm also losing weight again, which has stayed the same for many many months (I have some to lose, not much). Not sure why this is...I've stopped habitually using oil (often on popcorn or for extra calories when I'm rushed making a meal to prepare for work)...and I've also made roasted barley a regular addition to my morning coffee as well as a drink occasionally between meals. More B vitamins, better energy metabolism? Just the oil? I'm speculating...it could be combination of both.

Last edited:
Last night, I had leftover pancakes from breakfast. It was breakfast for dinner. :)

Reactions: Veganite
Dinner last night was a random hodgepodge. Finished off the rest of the baked falafels I made earlier in the week, then had some chai-spiced peanut butter spread on a tortilla with half a banana sliced and rolled up.

Last night, I had spaghetti with a sauce of soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.

Edited to add: before and after dinner, I had a smoothie (the same one) from a juice bar featuring almond butter and dates.

Burritos for dinner last night: "Wholewheat" (the stuff I can find at the store is typically 50% for flat bread)wraps with pinto beans*, Cos lettuce, raw spinach, mushrooms and a sauce made from onions, garlic, sunflower seeds and salt.

*soaked overnight in wood ash, drained and washed and then cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.