What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no. Golly gee. Based on your responses someone might think I'm vying for the position of Vegan police or something, lol. You use as much oil as you want. No one is going to tell you it's not Vegan. It's not healthy (but neither is the beer I drink), but it certainly falls under the banner of not including animals or animal by-products.

Aussie tablespoon is 20ml, US/UK is 15ml. I had heard they were different, and that info is just off of Wikipedia.

As for the sesame oil, my reaction was based on the type that I use - the toasted dark sesame oil, which has a strong flavor. Because it is so strong, I only use a few drops of it. I wasn't even thinking of the non-dark type.

Oh, no. I like the input.

Veggie patty sub from Subway.

I'm full but I could see myself having some popcorn a little later.

Brown Basmati with red lentils flavored with onion, garlic and Vegemite. Also included was some steamed broccoli, jalapeno and kalamata olives.

I made baked falafels for dinner with a tahini sauce, served with Greek style lemon potatoes and a cold string bean salad. I have lots of leftover falafel batter, so I might look for some pocket pitas tomorrow. I have everything else to stuff them traditionally.

Fries that weren't actually fried. Baked potato strips (around 5 medium to large red potatoes) plus sauce.

I'm fond of this sauce. It was super yummy: Ground flax seeds, water, tahini, onion, garlic, rosemary, smoked paprika, salt and a little ketchup, well blended. Edit: Forgot to mention I added some liquid smoke to this sauce as well.

Last edited:
Last night, I had spaghetti with tomato sauce, with a side of bell pepper slices and cucumber slices with a small amount of Italian dressing.

I'm making cannelloni. I'm stuffing it with a spinach, cashew, nutritional yeast mixture, also with sauteed onion and garlic. That gets blended with a bit of coconut cream and stuffed into the cannelloni shells. It will bake very soon in tomato and vegan bechamel sauce on top for the cheesy finish. This is going to be tasty :)

Nixtamalized brown rice from frozen (I made a very large batch and put into separate baggies for reheat), with chickpeas, broccoli, caramelized onion, garlic, cauliflower, olives that were all gently cooked in tomato sauce with salt, white pepper and smoked paprika spice mixed in.

I like the taste of cooked broccoli, but I have often just eaten it raw because I knew it was better for you. So this time I put it through the "chop and wait" method before cooking suggested by Dr Greger to get the sulforaphane.

Made breakfast for dinner. Hampton Creek's just eggs came out and I got it at the store yesterday. Been wanting to try it since they announced it months ago. Also had toast, meatless sausage patties and trumpet mushrooms made like scallops.

Reactions: hopeful
Made breakfast for dinner. Hampton Creek's just eggs came out and I got it at the store yesterday. Been wanting to try it since they announced it months ago. Also had toast, meatless sausage patties and trumpet mushrooms made like scallops.

How were the Just Eggs?

After brunch I had pasta with broccoli, Chinese cabbage and sunflower seeds and a sauce made from tomato paste, caramelized onion, garlic, ground sumac, rosemary, white pepper, turmeric and salt + soaked wheat bran was blended into the sauce as well to add some B vitamins and fiber since the pasta was the white, nearly nutritionless kind.

+ Two whole meal sandwiches of peanut butter and tahini/date blend

Then a little later more sandwiches: Whole meal with homemade hummus, pickles, nutritional yeast and Chinese Cabbage with punch to drink.

Punch was from a video of Dr Gregor. Hibiscus tea (unheated) with blended dates. It really does taste like fruit punch.

Didn't plan for this to be dinner, but it pretty much satiated me some hours after lunch:

2 fairly large shakes: Hibiscus tea (unheated), tahini, dates, strawberries and cucumber, blended.

Now having a little popcorn with nutritional yeast.

How were the Just Eggs?
They were good on texture and smell a lot better than the vegan egg by follow your heart. There is a lot less in the container though than the vegan egg so it's less cost effective. It is really good though. Closest to chicken eggs they've gotten.

Reactions: hopeful
Status
Not open for further replies.