What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having chocolate soy milk, and a bowl of brown rice and black beans with lemon vinaigrette.

Nixtamalized Basmati brown rice with broccoli, tomato, iceburg lettuce, caramelized onion, garlic, salt and a little homemade salsa.

Reactions: Sax
A grilled sandwich on sour dough bread, filled with the following: Chao "cheese" slices, Fakin' Bacon, and tomato slices.

Edited to add: And some Skittles. I recently learned that they are vegan. :)

Reactions: Sax
I had for dinner what I had for lunch today:

Thick homemade whole meal wheat wraps, stuffed with bean paste mixture (pinto beans, onion, garlic, cumin, salt), ice-burg lettuce, and a homemade hot salsa sauce. In one day between two meals I polished off my entire supply of wholemeal homemade thick tortillas and enjoyed every bite.

Instant Pot yellow split pea soup with carrots, celery, onions, garlic, potatoes and barley miso added after the cooking was done. Delish.

Emma JC

Reactions: hopeful
I made a meal of quinoa, corn, red bell pepper pieces, and chickpeas, with a little bit of lemon juice in it. I served it with a little bit of Earth Balance and a tiny bit of salt.

Gnocchi with pesto sauce combined with onions, garlic (sauted in olive brine), lightly steamed broccoli (including the stem). My spouse is not a big fan of pesto or gnocchi and yet he gushed over the meal, more than once.

Emma JC

I think I snacked my way out of dinner. I made some chickpea nuts (soaked then cooked chickpeas mixed with garlic and onion powders and salt, then slow roasted), and have been snacking on them throughout the day after lunch. I may have a wrap but I'm not hungry.

Vegetable soup and kale/cabbage/carrot salad.

I was in the yard a good part of the day, cutting remaining grass and whipper snipping, also setting up a new kind of garden which involved multiple trips to get hay, so when dinner came around I couldn't be bothered to make anything so just got take away. Subway veggie patty sub. Later in the evening snacking on chickpea nuts and beer.

oh man, my honey cooked an amazing pasta last night (Saturdays are his night to cook and the one time we use a about a teaspoon of olive oil) - tons of garlic and onions, mushrooms, black sliced olives, capers, chili peppers, fresh basil mixed with spaghettini and topped with nutritional yeast.... amazing

Emma JC

Tonight is onion soup with carrots, celery and leftover mexican rice from Friday night (it was a bit dry) mixed right in.

So I guess it is Onion Vegetable Rice Soup.

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Lunch was the same as breakfast.

Dinner I used the remaining dough for more wholemeal wheat wraps but this time filled them with a mixture of blended strawberries, dates (heated to soften) and Tahini. I also made a salad consisting of Ice burg lettuce, broccoli, tomato, red bell pepper and a sauce made from homemade apple cider vinegar, onion flakes, garlic and salt.

Wasn't particularly hungry for dinner so I just used the remaining wholemeal wraps I had made and threw on some lettuce, Asparagus and Tomato along with some onion flakes, garlic powder and salt.

Last night was 'bean dip' night. Refried beans mixed with salsa, chopped onion, jalapeno, red bell pepper, green olives, halved cherry tomatoes and placed in a casserole dish in the oven until it bubbles/veggies cooked.

Eaten with low sodium tortilla chips.

Emma JC

Reactions: hopeful
Brown Basmati rice with caramelized onion, garlic, red bell pepper, broccoli, salt, pepper and teriyaki sauce.

A little later for desert I had an ice cream I made from dates, rolled oats as flour, tahini, cacao powder, salt and vanilla extract.

Last night, I had a large salad and spaghetti (whole wheat) with tomato sauce and nutritional yeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.