What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's dinner:

Sourdough sandwiches filled with hash browns, sliced pickle, shredded cabbage
and black bean sprouts slow cooked in a sauce of onion, garlic, ginger,
salt and liquid smoke.

They were delicious.

Last night's dinner was a comfort food and one of our favourites.

Lidded round casserole dish and in it I put, chopped onion, jalapenos, bell pepper, zucchini, 2 or 3 tablespoons chunky salsa, a can of refried beans, mix all together, and then sprinkled the top with a few sliced black olives.

Into the oven at 350F for about 30 minutes until it bubbles (so veggies are cooked).

Serve and sprinkled with shredded cheeze and a few pickled jalapenos, a bit of hot sauce and chipotle sauce and then scoop up with tortilla chips.

Emma JC

French fries and a side salad. I ate too late and regretted it all night. Here's looking forward to a healthier day today!

Reactions: Emma JC
Tacos tonight:

Homemade whole wheat wraps filled with:

Chopped Cos lettuce, sliced radish, diced tomato and..
black bean sprouts that I slow cooked in a sauce made from onion,
garlic, liquid smoke and salt.

+ a bit of homemade apple cider vinegar.

Tacos again:

Homemade whole wheat wraps filled with tater tots, tomato, cause lettuce and sauce.
Sauce ingredients: Soaked, pulverized pepitas, hot English mustard, water, soy sauce, liquid smoke.

I'm very likely to have some coconut cream ice cream a little later for desert.

..easy junky meal tonight. :)) OMG these meals look delicious. But that pizza with sainsburys coconut cheese.and torfuky sausage... @bratvada looks really nice. I WANT ONE!!!

Made gumbo with artichoke hearts, black lentils, hearts of palm, tofurky andouille sausage and purple kale.

Last night I made a version of my North African Spice Soup except that I used lentils instead of chick peas and added savoy cabbage. It was delicious and comforting and filling and so healthy.

onions, garlic, carrots, celery, parsnip, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, cayenne, white potato, sweet potato, red lentils, brown lentils, low sodium veggie stock, savoy cabbage, kale, saffron, lemon juice on top

Emma JC

Nacho or taco salad and it was yum.

Had some black beans that I had made in the iPot earlier in the week so laid a bed of tortilla chips on the plate, splotched the black beans around, added chopped green onions, sliced olives (green and black), salsa, chopped greens and then an amazing "nacho cheeze sauce' and sprinkled with cilantro.

The cheeze sauce was a large potato, one carrot and one large onion (and 2 garlic cloves) boiled until soft. Meanwhile in the blender I put a half a red pepper, a cup of nutritional yeast, a bunch of spices, 2 more garlic cloves raw, a jalapeno, hot sauce, and then added the potato, carrot, onion and garlic and about a half a cup of the water they boiled in. You can add more if you like it thinner. It is so amazing as you can pour on as much of it as you like as it is guilt free as there is no fat, some salt, no sugars and no little to no cholesterol.

Emma JC (will add a pic if I can get it off my phone, grrr)

nachos.jpg

Last edited:
Dinner:

So far it's been a smoothie: The sauce from this morning (soaked pepitas, tomato sauce, softened dates) + some frozen banana and a fair serving of rolled oats in the form of flour - all blended together.

...and that wasn't quite enough. I've recently run out of pre-soaked and frozen whole grains (except for corn which I decided not to eat), so I had something I never have at home that was left over from years ago ...already cooked and dehydrated white noodles. Added to that - some homemade hash browns and tater tots, fresh Kale and soy sauce.

Large batches of Basmatti brown rice, barley and some lentils being soaked tonight for later sprouting/freezing quick prep meals in the coming weeks.

Reactions: Emma JC
I found some vegetable "meat" balls in Sainsbury's, thought I'd give a shot at spaghetti and "meat" balls. Went way better than I expected... Yeah, there's a lot of spaghetti because I had the munchies!

Looked photo worthy :p

[GALLERY=media, 225]Spaghetti & "meat" balls by Damo posted Mar 11, 2017 at 9:14 PM[/GALLERY]

What have you cooked recently? Lets see some photo's!
Wow looks really nice, I was looking at them yesterday yum, has anyone tried Dolma Vegan Perfumes?

Status
Not open for further replies.