What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added the liquid from the dried mushrooms, the wine, and some stock, as the recipe said, but it was a bit thin. I ended up using a roux to thicken it slightly to the proper consistency, which worked great. Yummy, delicious! The leftovers will be my lunch today over rice noodles.

Tonight, I'm having a heap of delicious roasted veggies, including an amazing purple Japanese yam. I know these aren't available everywhere, but if you can find them in your grocery store, you must try them. They are the purple skin, white flesh, yams, and they are like no other. I am so addicted to these. I highly recommend them, if you can get them.

I have tried purple yams, but I am not sure if they were Japanese. It was tasty!

I just had pretzels and hummus, but I may have something else, as I am still a little bit hungry.

Oops, that was lunch today, not dinner! Last night, I had vegan "chicken" from Boca.

I have tried purple yams, but I am not sure if they were Japanese.

It's easy to tell the difference. Chinese yams are purple inside, and Japanese have white flesh inside. I like both, but Japanese are clearly the best tasting, in my humble opinion. I tend to find Chinese yams a bit drier. They are both excellent for you, regardless.

I'm not sure what the rest of the world is having for dinner, but I'm about to make a Portobello mushroom burger. I got a nice fresh vegan bun from the bakery today just for this. I am stoked and getting hungrier as I type. Doing some yam fries in the oven with it. I made some kale coleslaw at lunch today, which will be great on top of the burger. Yum!

Brown rice with zucchini, jalepeno, bell pepper, carrot and onion. Topped with garlic, cilantro, peanuts, red pepper, lime juice and low sodium soy sauce.

How do you do your yam fries, Veganite?

I made vegan enchiladas! Vegetarian refried bean smear and Daiya cheddar-style filling and red sauce, topped with a little red onion bits and chopped black olives, with a squeeze of lime, salt and cilantro topping it off after cooking.

I also had half of a whole grain English muffin with a spoonful of peanut butter and maple syrup drizzle for dessert. I guess I was hungry today.

Reactions: hopeful
My current go-to evening meal is frying some veg (usually mangetout, mushrooms, spinach) with some ginger, soy sauce & chilli, then mixing it all together with some instant brown rice noodles. Takes about 5 minutes and I like that the little noodle parcels make it easy to keep the portion reasonable (unlike pasta which I seem to cook by the kilo).

Recently I've found Linda McCartney vegan shredded "duck" which is lovely when added as a bit of a treat!

Last night, I had spaghetti with Earth Balance and nutritional yeast.

Vital wheat gluten orange duck with rice and broccoli.

I'm making a mexi-style rice and beans tonight. I love those flavors, with some fresh avocado, cilantro, and lime popping. I love green salsa too. The best thing with this dinner is the leftovers. Yum!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I made yellow curry with sweet potatoes, leftover red lentils and quinoa, mushrooms, yellow pepper and turnip greens over jasmine rice.

Marinara over whole wheat penne, broccoli, and zucchini.

I mostly make marinara so I have an excuse to buy a bottle of wine.

• Haha
I also had pasta last night. I made a crimini and portobello mushroom based sauce tomato sauce. I used fresh made angel hair pasta. Delicious!

Having our easter dinner tonight since I work sunday. Making tofurky ham roast, home made greenbean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy. Also making a chocolate cake for dessert.

I made lentils with sauteed onion and some smoked lemon pepper salt, and sticky rice.

I also had vegenaise on seed bread. Yes, that's right, I had a mayonnaise sandwich. Mmmm good.

• Haha
Reactions: Veganite
Having our easter dinner tonight since I work sunday. Making tofurky ham roast, home made greenbean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy. Also making a chocolate cake for dessert.

Sounds delicious! Those Tofurky ham roasts are amazing hasselback style with green apple and sprigs of rosemary. I had one at Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.