What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just about to start my roasted veggie medley. It's mostly going to be root veggies...potato, yam, carrot, onion, and Brussels sprouts. Who knows what else I will find to put in with it :p

I'm making rice and bean tacos with my leftovers from dinner last night.

brown rice and quinoa with yellow squash, black beans, carrots, corn and mexican style hot sauce.

Last night was jerk potato and turnip with a green salad on the side. Tonight is bean casserole and tomorrow is going to be pizza

Last night I had two small baked potatoes with Earth Balance, and, on the side, steamed broccoli with nutritional yeast on it.

Tonight I'm feeling especially lazy, so houmous and wedges :relieved:

Roasted carrots and beets with walnuts, basil, pepper and a splash of red wine vinegar.

Also sweet potatoes with clove and nutmeg.

Last edited:
I made a lentil curry last night, served over black rice. It was so good. I can't wait for leftovers today at lunch.

Last night, I had a Fakin' Bacon sandwich on sourdough, with Veganaise and tomatoes. :)

Not really fried "refried beans" (old el Paso) burritos with Chinese cabbage, mushrooms and a homemade picante sauce.

Not really fried "refried beans" (old el Paso) burritos with Chinese cabbage, mushrooms and a homemade picante sauce.

I'm not sure where you live, but the ingredients list for Old El Paso brand re-fried beans are definitely NOT vegan. It contains lard (animal fat).

Look for yourself: Ingredients Cooked Beans, Water, Contains 2% or Less of: Partially Hydrogenated Lard, Salt, Vinegar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spice, Chili Pepper.

I'm not sure where you live, but the ingredients list for Old El Paso brand re-fried beans are definitely NOT vegan. It contains lard (animal fat).

Look for yourself: Ingredients Cooked Beans, Water, Contains 2% or Less of: Partially Hydrogenated Lard, Salt, Vinegar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Spice, Chili Pepper.

I live in Australia. On the can it says it is made in Spain. Ingredients listed are:

Cooked pinto beans(55%) (pinto beans, water), salt, onion powder (0.2%), sunflower oil, cumin(0.1%), garlic powder(0.1%), chili powder, spice extract.

It seems the company sells a "traditional" version of which hydrogenated lard is an ingredient. That's not the version I purchase.

Last edited:
@Nekodaiden

I'm glad to hear that. It's actually a commonly mistaken vegan product in Canada and the US. I mean, who would suspect something like re-fried beans to have anything to do with animals?

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Heh, well you made me look. I look at ingredients anyways when buying prepared products, but I thought I may have missed it. Now that I think about it, even though it's vegan it must have a huge amount of salt, somewhere in the neighborhood of 40% based on the listed ingredients. I added salt to my homemade picante and even salt to the finished burritos...and I eat Vegemite on a regular basis (lots of salt). Any more and I might start taking on the look of Lot's wife, lol.

Reactions: Veganite
I've checked labels religiously since going vegan. I used to before going vegan, but now I shudder at the thought of eating anything animal based, so I make sure. I never really acquired a taste for re-fried beans. I was always with the philosophy of "if that can't do it right the first time, why bother trying it a second?". I stole that from some comedian ;) Seriously though, I just never acquired a taste for them, myself.

Tonight I'm making my own take on vegan Sloppy Joe's, with lentils as the base protein. It should be good for leftovers tomorrow, which makes me happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.