What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tofu and veg sandwiches on whole wheat: Smokey tofu, tomato, Cos lettuce, sliced carrot, pickle slices, mustard and salt. Also some chickpea nuts I made today (soaked then cooked chickpeas, salt, onion and garlic powders, then slow roasted).

One Pot Lentil Noodles with brussel sprouts.

Half a can of lentils, rinsed, (I ate the other half yesterday, same meal), udon noodles in a pot with frozen brussel sprouts, then poured over the rinsed lentils. Spiced up with rice vinegar, lemon juice, tamari sauce, sweet chili sauce, pepper and a small drizzle of tahini. mmmmm

Emma JC

Lovely Roasted veggies and vegan sausages, Btw I've created A new forum just like this but snazzier. Its called:
plant powered forum

check it out and tell me what you guys would like to see on there :)

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Late lunch was a salad: Cos lettuce, broccoli, pumpkin seeds, tomato, purple onion, carrot, garlic powder and apple cider vinegar.

In addition I had a slushy drink made from lemon+peel, frozen strawberries, ice and sugar.

Last night's leftover Bean Lentil Loaf was even better for lunch, with sweet potato.

One thing I used to love about eating beef, probably the only thing, was the horseradish that I would slather on it. Now I eat even more horseradish (no horses were hurt) as I put it on bean burgers and now today on my loaf leftovers. So good!

Emma JC

Last night's leftover Bean Lentil Loaf was even better for lunch, with sweet potato.

One thing I used to love about eating beef, probably the only thing, was the horseradish that I would slather on it. Now I eat even more horseradish (no horses were hurt) as I put it on bean burgers and now today on my loaf leftovers. So good!

Emma JC

I don't see brussel sprouts anywhere, therefore I can like this post :cool: . Horseradish...hmm...I haven't had that in ages.

Reactions: Emma JC
Nixtamalized brown Basmatti rice with tofu, raw spinach, pumpkin seeds, tomato, caramelized onion, garlic, salt and liquid smoke, and topped off with a bit of lemon juice. So yum.

Reactions: Emma JC
Wholewheat sandwiches filled with tater tots, raw spinach, cucumber slices, onion, garlic powder, an Indian spice blend, salt and apple cider vinegar. Adding the Indian spice turned out to be a mistake. It was alright on it’s own though.

Homemade tater tots with ketchup and mustard, some caramelized onion rings, and soaked pumpkin seeds.

I am currently drinking a smoothie (banana, strawberries, peach slices, soy milk, and coconut milk).

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Steamed broccoli, steamed portabella mushrooms and pumpernickel bread with european earth balance.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Lunch was wholewheat sandwiches with avocado, iceberg lettuce, peanuts, cashews and salsa.

Snack: Chickpea nuts

Had a very late breakfast this morning so needed only a light lunch.

Toast and Marmite. Eating it with a knife and fork has two supreme advantages:
1) Your fingers don’t get sticky.
2) Toast on its own is normally thought of as just a snack. A knife and fork somehow converts it into a very acceptable main course.

This was followed by cold stewed apple (our own) with yoghourt. There is very little colour contrast between the apple and the yoghourt so it was sprinkled with the toast crumbs.

And as my lovely grandma always used to say, “Waste not, want not.”

Roger.

Wholewheat sandwiches filled with homemade tater tots, soaked pumpkin seeds, tomato,iceberg lettuce, steamed broccoli, sauteed mushroom, ketchup, mustard, salt

Had a big salad with romaine, green onions, tofu feta and just ranch. Also had a small pumpernickel sandwich with roasted tofurky and violife smoked provolone. We have so much bread in the house that has to be eaten. We usually don't buy bread but the party was a bust.

Reactions: Forest Nymph
Status
Not open for further replies.