What did you have for lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my classes got cancelled because my professor lost her voice. So I came home and made a fresh lunch.

I mixed heated frozen peas, lettuce, and tomato with a dressing made of Vegenaise, lime juice, salt and two different kinds of hot sauce (Tapatio and Tobasco Chipotle!). Then I piled this "filling" into street taco soft tortillas with a dab of black olive tapenade.

My tacos were so good, I never made them this way before, but it turned out. I was craving peas and lettuce and tacos, lol.

Potato salad: Boiled white mashed potatoes AND tater tots, Cos lettuce, broccoli, soaked pepitas, tomato, garlic powder, onion flakes, apple cider vinegar, salt. Mmm.

pacfood-gif.gif

It was a sort of "junk food" day - Subway (wrap with all the veggies & avocado, only spinach, mustard, vinegar, S&P) and pretzel chips. I prob ate enough salt for a week, lol

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I ate an avocado out of the skin as an appetizer, as I waited for my potatoes and carrots to boil for my homemade cashew cheese. Then I ate soooo much cashew cheese, first with cooked broccoli, then with a piece of sourdough toast torn into smaller pieces.

The cheese turned out the best it's ever been! I don't know what I did right this time....a tiny bit more water perhaps, a tiny bit more lemon juice, and I was generous on both the tahini and smoked paprika. Plus I let it blend for a long, long time so it actually looks like liquid nacho cheese.

This is quickly becoming one of my food staples. Two weeks ago I made a double batch, and my roommate and I finished it in about six days. I only made the normal smaller batch this time, because I got in over my head with a tofu lentil curry this past week that I got tired of eating after four days (no matter how good it was at first).

Reactions: Emma JC and hopeful
pacfood2_2.gif
In almost those amounts. Time on my hands today.

A smoothie:

1 part broccoli
1 part cherries and pineapple
1.5 part banana
.25 part pumpkin seeds
water

Surprisingly good.

Reactions: hopeful
I sauteed mushrooms and tomatoes with sweet basil and Cuban oregano in olive oil with a splash of red wine vinegar, then added chunks of tofu and some garlic and salt. Ate it all mixed up with penne pasta reheated later for lunch.

Salad:

Cos lettuce
Tomato
chickpeas, flavored - onion, garlic, rosemary, tomato paste, salt, raw sugar
whole wheat bread pieces
cashews and peanuts
salt
apple cider vinegar

Large serving of homemade potato wedges/strips that were coated with a mixture of whole flaxseeds(powdered), salt and water, then baked.

Today I ate toast with mushrooms and cucumbers:yum
I always eat toasts. I decided to buy a new toaster so I have to read a lot of information about it. I found 4 slice toaster reviews there are a lot of information. Cooking it's my hobby!
Also I bought best knife block for my kitchen. So tomorrow I'll cook fruit salad!:heart_eyes:

Concoction just threw together:

Mushrooms
Bell Peppers
Onions
Garlic
Spinach
Sauteed in A1 sauce.

Pretty good.

I've already had a couple of peanut granola bars, but I'm about to microwave a baked potato or two and eat them with green beans and homemade tahini dressing. There's also a banana and an orange in my lunch pail, just in case? More tea.

A big salad made with lettuce, avocado, mushrooms, homemade chopped Lebanese pickled turnips, walnuts, lime juice, salt, Tapatio hot sauce, and the last tiny bit of my Annie's Papaya Poppyseed dressing.

Plus one of the new Kind bars that is pressed bananas and apples covered in chocolate.

I also had some Justin's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups as a snack. They were on sale...it's chocolate city around here.

I ate toasts again. I bought new toaster. It's fully automatic (it's very important for me). Perfect functionality, looks great, multifunctional (you can make toasts, sandwiches).
I bought new toaster two months ago but it is broken!:mad: But my new toaster is of excellent quality. I'm really glad I read 4 slice toaster reviews cause there are a lot of good advises.
Also I bought best knife block:cool: So now in my kitchen 21st century.

Last edited:
some leftover North African Spiced Soup - this is one of our favourite soups, we just don't have it often enough as my lazy genes kick in - there is a fair amount of chopping and prep and the results are soooo good

I found the recipe years ago in a Detox Cookbook and have made it many times over the years. It is ultimately satisfying, I think, because of the combination of ginger, cayenne, garlic, saffron, turmeric and cinnamon that make up the spice base. It is simply a bunch of veggies including onions, garlic, carrots, celery, potato (and sweet potato), and any other veggies you wish, I add parsnip and turnip if I have them. A can of diced tomatoes and a can of drained chick peas and about 5 cups of low sodium veggie stock. I usually add the saffon just before serving and then some chopped kale or spinach. Once it is in the bowl then I add some lemon juice or serve with lemon wedges and maybe a drizzle of tahini if I haven't had a lot of fat that day. Salt is also added once it is in the bowl and pepper, of course. And some cilantro or curly parsley on top if I have it also.

Emma JC

I had salad today too! Mine had three different kinds of greens (my roomie gets free produce when she volunteers at the Farmer's Market, we live in vegan heaven), a couple of broccoli florets, a handful of walnuts, a serving of cubed extra firm tofu, and a "dressing" made of lime juice, salt, Chipotle Tobasco and a bottled creamy vegan sauce.

I also had an apple.

some leftover North African Spiced Soup - this is one of our favourite soups, we just don't have it often enough as my lazy genes kick in - there is a fair amount of chopping and prep and the results are soooo good

I found the recipe years ago in a Detox Cookbook and have made it many times over the years. It is ultimately satisfying, I think, because of the combination of ginger, cayenne, garlic, saffron, turmeric and cinnamon that make up the spice base. It is simply a bunch of veggies including onions, garlic, carrots, celery, potato (and sweet potato), and any other veggies you wish, I add parsnip and turnip if I have them. A can of diced tomatoes and a can of drained chick peas and about 5 cups of low sodium veggie stock. I usually add the saffon just before serving and then some chopped kale or spinach. Once it is in the bowl then I add some lemon juice or serve with lemon wedges and maybe a drizzle of tahini if I haven't had a lot of fat that day. Salt is also added once it is in the bowl and pepper, of course. And some cilantro or curly parsley on top if I have it also.

Emma JC

Oh my gosh! Thank you for this! My male roommate's mom sent us a bunch of spices and grains last month, and my vegan female roomie would love this as much as me. It reminds me a bit of my veganized version of borscht. Sort of.

Reactions: Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.