coscos2-.png

Cucumber
Avocado
Zucchini
Hummus, 1 spoon
Smoked red bell pepper paste
Hemp and sunflower seeds
Spirulina

Carrots, hummus, an orange, trail mix and a bagel with tofutti cream cheese. A lot of food, but I had to pack lunch for work today and I’m always afraid of not packing enough and then not having other options available to me. Plus, I didn’t eat breakfast so I was hungry.

Reactions: hopeful
Sandwiches:

Sourdough bread, Tahini spread on one side, Hot English mustard on the other and filled with

Tofu (added liquid smoke)
Cos lettuce
Tomato
Onion slices
Salt

Tasted very reminiscent of ham sandwiches I used to eat when I was non-vegan. Got the fat (Tahini)
, the soft filling (tofu), the smoked taste (liquid smoke), plus the rest. Extremely good. :)

Banana

Avocado
Corn salad
Cucumber
Tabasco, tartar, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, cumin, curcumin

Dark chocolate easter eggs

Still full from breakfast, I hardly had any lunch:

Few slices of homemade thick whole wheat flat bread, some broccoli and a simple dipping sauce made from soy sauce, vinegar and ginger.

Lunch:

A very high fiber(less than 4:1 Carb to fiber ratio) seed rich wholegrain bread I've been buying lately at the supermarket, with lowered sodium Vegemite and lots of Cos lettuce.

Late start today so had just berries/banana for breakfast and while eating that threw a couple of pounds of potatoes in the Instant Pot. Sauted some onions, peppers and mushrooms and then added the potatoes when they were done. A small pot of tomato sauced brekkie beans plus toast and peanut butter made a delicious lunch today.

Emma JC
Aside: it is amazing the price of potatoes and how it differs when you buy the loose ones as opposed to the bagged ones. At my local grocery story yesterday, the loose white potatoes were $1.99 per pound and that is what I normally buy. Then I noticed that the 10 pound bags of potatoes were on sale for $1.99. Wow, what a deal. Needless to say I bought the bag and intend to go back and get more. The extras that I cooked today and didn't use I put in the fridge and will have oven baked fries and make more cheeze sauce with them etc. BTW the 10 lb bag was also local, the loose were from the good 'ol USofA.

homefries_beans_toast.jpg

Rice with vegetables for vegetarians

Ingredients:
-1 kg of rice.
-1/2 half cup of carrots.
-3 garlic cloves minced.
-an onion.
-3 tbsp of oil.
-Half cup of peas.
-Half a cup of corn.
-Half a cup of mushrooms.
-Small spoon of salt.
-Teaspoon of cumin.
-A little cinnamon.
-Half teaspoon ginger powder.

oraz1.png

Reactions: Emma JC
Nothing.

I had breakfast around 9:30-10am or so and it's past 3pm and I'm not hungry. Didn't have a huge amount for breakfast and I only had a few beers last night so I'm wondering if it's the sprouted barley that is keeping my hunger at bay. Since I made more flat bread with sprouted barley and whole wheat wraps I wonder if this will occur again. Tomorrow...

Cilantro rice - sushi rice, water, salt, Earth Balance, lime juice, lime zest, lots of fresh cilantro in the rice cooker.

English muffin toasted with my roommates warm vegan pesto. I have no idea what's in it besides basil, salt, nuts and coconut milk.

Another serving of delicious cilantro rice, this time I put peanut butter mixed with cacao, almond milk, and maple syrup on my English muffin.

I didn't have lunch until around 3pm as breakfast (9:30am) was very satisfactory up to that time. This seems to be mostly from the sprouted barley I'm eating more of, as I really haven't changed anything else. Even then I wasn't all that hungry so I had a salad:

Salad:

Cos lettuce
Broccoli
Pumpkin seeds
Tomato
A few hash browns
Homemade Italian dressing

Chickpeas sauteed with onions and dandelion greens. Despite adding salt, smoked paprika, balsamic vinegar, and Vegenaise to this dish, the bitterness of the dandelion greens really stood out. :/

I think I like dandelion greens better raw in a salad.

I also had some Kashi crackers, a handful of peanuts, and some unsweetened apple sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.