Advertisement
  1. We need your feedback to shape the future of the forum click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Whatcha up to?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nekodaiden, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Nekodaiden

Nekodaiden Active Member

Ratings:
    +351 / 2 / -6
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Be as general or specific as you like.

At the moment I’m relaxing, drinking some beers, watching videos and doing some light cleaning. I periodically need to set some time aside and re-organize and clean, as I can tend to leave it. Now for my whole life I’ve relied on chemical cleaners, excepting changing to slightly diluted alcohol and/or lemon concentrate some years ago.

Today, I tried something different. I have some encrusted old food (flour, sauces etc) on my kitchen counter top. Normally, I’d whip together a strong solvent solution (usually alcohol) and clean with it. Instead I just decided to use warm soapy water and time. Add water in generous quantities to effected areas...and wait. A while. Maybe 20 minutes max. Go back, and the water and time has made the job easy and quick. Water is a natural solvent, just need to give it a little time to work if you don’t want to scrub.

More generally, I’m relearning C lang. I learned it a very long time ago, and haven’t really used it all that much. However I’ve written some programs in Bash (Bourne again Shell – Unix/Linux) and have discovered they are not easily ported to Windows. So in order to share my programs, I decided to relearn C lang so I can easily compile them to be used for Windows users.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mavrick45
    Fiendish

mavrick45 Active Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 1 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    getting ready to release my second music book :D