What's wrong with making a sacrifice?

Sally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
We live in a world where we are supposed to be able to have it all. But that isn't true. We have to make choices and as a vegan there won't always be a substitute for whatever it is we "can't live without." Sometimes we have to give up what we like for the sake of the animals.

People ask me how I manage without cheese and bacon. I go without, that is how I manage. I make a choice. I used to love Heinz salad cream, that was my favourite thing in the world, but now I don't have it. It's very simple.

Just wanted to say that.

You could argue that we should think of it as how much pleasure we get from eating bacon, vs the moral questions of treating intelligent animals as products,making them suffer and killing them. If you weight up a few minutes of pleasure against an animal's lifetime of suffering, the pleasure of taste should not really be a consideration.

Reactions: Edd and veganteen1
There is a disconnect between what people eat and where the food came from. I would wager a lot of kids do not connect chicken nuggets with an actual bird. Those of us who know and accept that modern farming is cruel and un-necessary can make the connection and vote with our forks.