UK Where can i get inexpensive vegan noodles?

ski

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
looking for healthy noodles does anyone know any good noodles that don't take the mick with the price?

I think most noodles are vegan. At the grocery store just make sure you don't buy egg noodles.

If you don't like going to the grocery store, The Thrive Market and Amazon both have noodles at low prices that will be delivered to your door.

At the grocery store, check your Asian aisle. Dry Soba and Ramen noodles are super cheap.

In the dry food aisle, look for whole wheat noodles. The more whole wheat the better.
Check the bulk food aisle. Many stores sell dry noodles in bulk.

check the refrigerated, frozen, and deli area. Some grocery stores make their own pasta and sell it. At the deli, you order and pay for it by weight. It's pricey but its good. there ought to be a really good variety and some of those varieties will be healthy. Nice for when you have guests or a special occasion. A homemade pasta sauce with fresh pasta is a relatively inexpensive meal that even nonvegans can appreciate.

Now with all the healthy consciousness, there are a number of varieties of non-wheat noodles. I tried some penne noodles made from black bean flour. Very healthy stuff but I didn't like the taste that much. Supposedly that wheat noodles that are made with vegetables aren't worth it.

I'm not big on kitchen gadgets but I did buy myself a handheld Spiralizer. It was under $15. Mostly I use it to make Zoodles Zucchini noodles). Zoodles are a great alternative in most recipes that require spaghetti or fettuccine. I'm not sure about the cost but I've read that Zoodles are the healthiest pasta by a wide margin. The Spiralized people have cookbooks and talk about all the different kinds of vegetables you can spiralize. IMHO, it's the Zoodles that make it a good investment. Oh, if you love pasta, you might want to get the tabletop Spiralizer. I've seen them for under $40. and they can do a lot more and a lot faster.

You can also use a spiralizer on vegetables for salads and soups.

https://classpass.com/blog/2017/03/09/what-you-need-to-know-about-spiralizers/

Reactions: Emma JC