• James Aspey's "This Speech Is Your Wake Up Call"

• What The Health

Results are only viewable after voting.

Earthling

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Which documentary/film/YouTube video, in your opinion, is the most powerful and would leave the most impact on a non-vegan?

Some examples are Earthlings, Gary Yourofsky's speech, Farm to Fridge, Cowspiracy etc. Also, a summary of what made you be vegan and your journey would be extremely helpful. Thank you!

you left "What the Health" off the list and I truly think it is one of the best as although it shows the plight of the animals and the environment it emphasizes 'health' and the food industry and as many people are more about themselves than about animals it is, IMO, a good entry point

I was made aware of the animal plight years ago and although it hurt my heart it didn't stick, then 4 years ago we watched Forks over Knives and that kept us on the straight and narrow for about 4 or 5 months and then we fell off the wagon although each time a few things did stick and so when we made the final decision 10 months ago it was easier. Our final decision came after listening to Dr McDougall on Coast to Coast AM and he made being WFPB'ed easy and it has been.

Emma JC

Thanks, I've forgotten about that one. But I also feel uncomfortable promoting veganism relying solely on the health benefits since then the person would be thinking about them self. Which does work, for some, as motivation and they will likely end up being vegan for the animals also. While others may find sticking with it, for more selfish reasons, hard. Its good to do both i guess.

How someone comes to it isn't as important as that they do.... I just saw that Ne-Yo, musician, has gone vegan after watching What the Health and that is amazing as he has millions of followers!! It might make you uncomfortable however it is not about you, it is about the others, the animals and the environment ....

Hi Earthling

I've planted a few seeds - can't claim any more than that, really - with Dr Michael Greger's video 'How not to die'. Made some of my friends think. I'll catch up with them again in October and find out if anyone has made any changes. The big thing that's holding at least a couple of my friends back is the reaction of their wives. They recognise the science behind a WFPB diet, but are unsure as to how they go about introducing it.

I'm the only vegan in my entire family - have been for 14 years, and I've always been on the receiving end of dismissive comments, etc. But that all changed the other night when I got this phone call from my sister in law: She started off telling me how good I was, how much she respected me, how right I had been, all along, etc. Turns out her and her husband had just watched 'What the Health' on Netflix, and they were going to watch it again with a view to changing their diet. My BIL has had diabetes for the past 5 or so years, and he's let me know in no uncertain terms that he's not going to give up meat. We'll see if that film has made him see sense.

Reactions: Emma JC