Who is this freak?

Brother AJ

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Oh hai! Adam here. A vegan right in the heart of "cowtown" known as Fort Worth, TX. Here's a little bit of info about me:

I am an atheist, aspiring anti-capitalist, social justice/intersectional advocate, anti-speciesist, and an abolitionist vegan, but don't be afraid! Okay, you can be a little afraid. I generally don't believe in judging others, but that's not to suggest I tolerate jerks, and I do enjoy some lively debate from time to time.

Full disclosure: I have clinical depression. No, this doesn't mean I'm sad all the time. I also suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and ADHD. I don't let my illnesses define me, but they are a part of me.

My interests include gaming, surfing the web for fun and interesting content, breaking down and analyzing story-telling tropes, so-bad-they're-good-films, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, animation, anime, comic book characters (in just about all mediums, but I'm not a big comic reader surprisingly), comedy, live music, singing, rocking out with the speakers blaring, engaging and immersive TV shows, unforgettable films and novels, nonhuman animals, learning about and being out in nature, acting, and activism.

I'm married to my beautiful wife, Claire, and we have 5 beautiful rescued fur-babies including two chihuahua mixes (Solomon or "Solly" and Ava) and 3 cats (Lucy, Leroy, and Oliver).

As a vegan existing within multiple minorities, it gets a little lonely. I'm here because I want to meet and chat with other like minded people. I'm hoping to find people to meet in real life, but I'm open to online relationships as well. Hope to speak to you all soon!

Im also a married gamer vegan. If your on ps4 send a friend request to iwantsonicsback:)

Welcome from BC, Canada.

Hey, by the way, we have a Cowtown here in Canada too. It's otherwise known as Calgary, Alberta. It's been called Cowtown for as long as I can remember. Well, it is home to the infamous Calgary Stampede. I say infamous because many animals are harmed during this event every year. Some events have been banned, thankfully, but many of the harsh events still go on.

I also have suffered from chronic depression for many many years. Since going vegan though, I have noticed a huge difference in my moods, in a positive way. In fact it was one of the very first things I noticed. I've tried various antidepressants over the years. They just about killed me with a combination of one (Celexa) with a painkiller (narcotic) I was on at the time. I thought I was losing my mind, when it was severe serotonin syndrome instead. It really changed things for me. I took a far more holistic approach to my health after that experience. I will tell you this, I will never put another Rx pill in my mouth again without researching it thoroughly.

I can't imagine being vegan in Texas, where BBQ is a sport. I bet that is challenging at the best of times.