Advertisement

Why do women wear makeup and nail polish?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Consistency, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Consistency
    No Mood

Consistency Active Member Banned

Ratings:
    +21 / 4 / -3
    I never understood why women wear it since it hides their beauty. Many women I asked said because it makes them look pretty but it doesn't.

Whenever I see women with makeup and nail polish; I honestly get confused(deer in the headlights) by who/what I am looking at. It's like I'm looking at a doll and have an aversion to them.

Whenever I see women without make up and nail polish; my subconscious primal urges kick in and I'm naturally sociable.

Any ideas why women wear makeup when it's counteractive?

2. Sax
    Surfing

Sax Active Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -1
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Is it possible that women wear make up for the way it makes them feel and not the way it makes you feel?

3. amberfunk

amberfunk Active Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 2 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I honestly feel like it's the advertising that gets into their heads saying that it will make them look beautiful. I hate make up. The only time I ever wear it is for halloween or when I'm dressing up as a clown ( I do actually do this, it's not a stab to make people upset )

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nekodaiden

Nekodaiden Active Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I used to work with a female who would come in in the mornings with baggy eyes, often hungover and within a few moments transform herself into clear eyed, perky female with tighter looking skin than she came in with. To her, it was to make herself presentable (it was a public job).

Generally though, I think makeup is worn for the purpose of attraction through a kind of deception, however slight.

5. rogerjolly
    Breezy

rogerjolly Active Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Life holds a multitude of mysteries for me that I know will never be resolved. On the theme of this thread why plunging necklines and exposures of thighs? Why high heeled shoes? Why huge dangly suspensions from ears?

On a different theme a great mystery is why the apparently obligatory sex scenes on film and TV? I either avoid such programmes altogether or look away when a relatively minor “juicy” bit occurs.
    A rare piece of wisdom expressed in a Yorkshire pub: Sex should be a private thing between two people. It should not be treated as a spectator sport.

Roger.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018