Witnessing senseless death of animal

Forest Nymph

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I saw a poor cat hit tonight on relatively untraveled road. I couldn't have stopped it, I was on the other side of the street, and I saw the cat just as it was about to get hit, running to and fro confused trying to get away (which breaks my heart because it's exactly as a human would do in a similar situation) and just this jeep ran into the cat really hard, like he didn't even slow. Once he killed the cat, he jumped out and kept screaming, "it's not my fault, it's not my fault" but he never looked or slowed down on this country street, he could have driven slower, stopped for that cat, what if it had been someone's cat, etc.

I screamed. I screamed like a horror movie. Not to be dramatic or affect anyone but because I wanted to get as far as possible from the hit cat. Then I saw the cat dead on the side of the road, I wish I could have done more, I sat aside further down the street upset that I couldn't do more but what should I do?

It made me think every dead animal I see should be held for a moment out of respect, I cant stop seeing this truck hitting this cat, it's terrible.

I'm sorry that happened, and I'm sorry you witnessed it. That would have really upset me too. It's tragic that helpless animals get hit by cars.

Reactions: Forest Nymph