Work "treat day"

Sarena

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Hello Everyone!

At my work we have a "Treat Day" every Thursday where a group of two each bring in something for the office, one has to bring in something sweet and the other brings savoury.

It was revealed that I was vegan when I shared the recipe for these amazing scones I brought in once- needless to say everyone was pretty shook that something vegan could taste so good! I live in a farm town outside Vancouver- I'm probably the only vegan/vegetarian a lot of my coworkers know or maybe even have ever met! Now I feel like people are always judging what I bring in a bit more carefully and I want to continue to show them that being vegan doesn't mean you can't have yummy food ( and I have been successful thus far!).

Anyways, my partner and I have our turn coming up and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions? I have to make savoury this time which is always a bit tricky for me. :)

Cool idea! Is this for a lunch, or more of something to put out on a break-room table for snacks?

If for lunch - I think something like peanut noodles might be good. I feel like a lot of non-veg people might like a dish like that.

If for a snack - Hmm... I guess I am better at sweet things too! How about baking a loaf or two of fresh bread with oil and herbs on it?

Spinach artichoke dip with tortilla chips. Use canned or frozen spinach and canned artichokes. Mix vegan cream cheese, just mayo, vegan sour cream, crushed garlic, paprika together then add the spinach, green onion and chopped artichokes. Stir in about a half cup of nutritional yeast and bake or microwave it. I think it tastes better warm but my hubby also likes it cold. Doesn't last long in my house usually gone the same day I make it.

Vegan samosas would probably be a hit. They're not too hard to make. If you have an East Indian friend on the mainland, maybe ask them for a good family recipe. It would be very tasty with a nice homemade vegan chutney.

I'd also suggest a similar thing to a samosa, except with pizza like ingredients. We used to call them pizza bombs. Yum!

Veggies like cauliflower, broccoli, okra, asparagus, etc, all roast into delicious little morsels. I especially love roasted okra. It will no longer have that slimy texture when you bake them. They're usually available over here in Van Isle, so I would think they're available close to you. Serve them with a nice vegan ranch dip or curry dip...whatever you like.

Reactions: hopeful
Veganite's post gave me an idea! What about vegan sushi rolls? They are fairly easy to make and they taste so good!

Maybe something that people are used to eating but don't realize is vegan? Like bean burritos wrapped in a vegan corn tortilla or something??

I saw a great possibility on Jane Esselstyn's YouTube channel the other day - haven't tried them yet.

A replacement for Devilled Eggs called Smoky Little Devils and they are made from potatoes...

Emma JC