Physical Exercise Your workouts

Cerebellion

Smokin' Crow
Reaction score
I'm starting a new workout next week called the Spartacus Workout to take counteract all the junk food I've been eating and to tone back up a little bit. I'm curious as to what fellow VV'ers workout routines are as I'm always trying to change it up to keep in shape. This is also a place to post new workouts that one might stumble across online or other places.
Without further ado, feel the burn...

I've jsut gotten some The Firm DVDs and i really like them. They are hard going/no stopping/ all with weights but only 20 minutes. And the ab workout is one of the best I have ever done.

I've officially signed up for a gym. I seriously didn't want to, but that's the only way any fitness-minded person can stay in shape in this area. I'd rather do a more 'natural' workout, but I guess a gym will have to do for now.

This is what I mean by 'natural':
The Woodsman Workout

Reactions: TreeHugger
I've officially signed up for a gym. I seriously didn't want to, but that's the only way any fitness-minded person can stay in shape in this area. I'd rather do a more 'natural' workout, but I guess a gym will have to do for now.

This is what I mean by 'natural':
The Woodsman Workout

Awesome xD Throwing things around in the woods does look like fun...

I love hiking/walking. If I'm not outside, I'm on the treadmill. I try to get in five days a week of at least 45 minutes a day of activity. Today, I got in more than an hour, so I was happy camper. I've lost some weight, but I need to lose a bit more :D. Hiking/walking is a great stress reliever for me, too. I'm trying to incorporate some weight-training (light weights for toning and such), but I admit to not enjoying that as much as I do hiking and walking. I used to rollerblade a bit, but I haven't found anyone I could go with. That is way more fun with people :D

I mostly do stuff like Zumba, or DDPYoga. Of course for me with Zumba, I could really just call it "flailing around wildly and having great fun!"
Also, since DDPYoga incorporates a lot of dynamic resistance work, I don't need any kind of hand weights or things like that.
I was doing both of them regularly, and slacked off badly. I need to work at getting back to those, as well as getting some shoes that are good for Zumba.

This thread is making me have gym guilt! I used to go to my local gym about four times a week, sometimes more (I was on a weight loss mission) but since I went on holiday I haven't been once, and I have no excuse as my holiday was at the beginning of July :oops:

I intend to going back to the gym very soon and go twice a week to the gym, and go zumba/bums legs and tums once a week and yoga once a week.

John's trying to drag me jogging with him again as well we've both got a bit lazy and podgy.

I'm gonna head to Mt. Saint Bruno in my ACU pants, combat boots, a weighted vest, and some gymnastic rings in case I come across a nice looking tree. Let's see if I can worry some parents as I head up the trail, totally not fitting in with the crowd as usual :p

This thread is making me have gym guilt! I used to go to my local gym about four times a week, sometimes more (I was on a weight loss mission) but since I went on holiday I haven't been once, and I have no excuse as my holiday was at the beginning of July :oops:

I intend to going back to the gym very soon and go twice a week to the gym, and go zumba/bums legs and tums once a week and yoga once a week.

John's trying to drag me jogging with him again as well we've both got a bit lazy and podgy.

Me too!! I have a membership and I haven't gone for almost 4 months!! In the summer, it was OK b/c I was hiking 2-3 times a week. But after the cold weather settled in (end of sept here in Banff, Canada) I haven't gone hiking (obviously) or done any other kind of intentional exercise. *sigh*

Me too!! I have a membership and I haven't gone for almost 4 months!! In the summer, it was OK b/c I was hiking 2-3 times a week. But after the cold weather settled in (end of sept here in Banff, Canada) I haven't gone hiking (obviously) or done any other kind of intentional exercise. *sigh*

Haha snap.

It's just SO much better indoors, in pajamas then at the gym. I despise that hell hole!

Reactions: PTree15
I'm back at the gym recently, as I finally have the energy to sort out the weight I gained in the past year, but more importantly, get fit and improve physical and mental health...

I just got back from spin class and feel awesome. Am mixing up cardio, weights and yoga and will be hopefully picking up Krav Maga (for protection) in the new year.

Reactions: ledboots
Dark evenings, stuck indoors. I'm not a big fitness DVD fan, but I'm loving these at the moment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_9?k=dk+15+minute+workout&sprefix=DK+15+min

Love the style, completely neutral so you don't get sick of them. Every move is described in detail in the book to make sure you're doing it right. 15 minutes is no time at all, so there's no excuse for not doing it, can fit it in before work but if you fancy doing more, can just go for another 15 minutes (or mix and match, eg. 15 minutes cardio, 15 minutes yoga). Love it. It's not going to build crazy fitness, but gets the heart pumping and your muscles stretched. Most are pretty easy but the Pilates kicks my butt.

Reactions: KLS52
I have something similar only it's 12 minutes. There's a 12 minute cardio blast, 12 minute yoga, Pilates, upper/lower body...all 12 minutes each. You can mix and match as many or few as you feel up to on any given day. Pretty cool and doable for me as I get bored easily. :)

I do not actually "work out" as I hate exercise.... boring boring boring.... :p I did have a gym membership a few years ago and I did enjoy that somewhat but I can no longer afford it.
However, I do go for walks whenever I can. Every day I have off I go to a bike/walking trail and walk at a fast pace for 30 minutes to an hour. I have thought that maybe when I get a game console I might try something with that.

Reactions: KLS52
I do cardio & HIIT mainly & pretty much everything I do is on the exercise bike due to my dodgy knee.

However, now that my back is a lot better & I'm getting a bit bored of spinning & the bike I've decided to so the 30 day shred for a bit of a mix up. Really enjoying doing something new at the moment :)

I must admit, it's pretty easy so far. Saying that, it's starting to make me ache but the actual workout itself when you are doing it is not that hard. Anyone else done it?

Ill probably incorporate some bike classes back into my routine soon as well.

I was drunk watching Swan Lake the other day so apparently I ordered a ballet fitness DVD. It's a bit disappointing; no actual ballet in it, but wow, I'm feeling it today.

I don't know where I got the idea that fitness DVDs are a bit naff, they're brilliant to get you through the winter.

Reactions: mary1