Advertisement

Youtube recipes.

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Lou, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Lou
    Mind-Blowing

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    So I got what I think is a good idea. A lot of us use YouTube to learn about vegan cooking or just for entertainment. So howbout this? We use this thead to post our favorite all-time YouTube videos that we really enjoyed or even better we used to make a good tasty dish.

2. Lou
    Mind-Blowing

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Crispy Tofu

The first video I would like to post is the one that was pretty much a game changer for me. It took me a long time to master frying tofu. Time, temperature and stuff like that. But then I saw this video and tried it and it changed everything. No longer did I have to slave over a hot stove. No longer did I have to watch the tofu and turn it to keep it from burning. No longer would my carefully cubed tofu fall apart on me and turn into inadvertent crumbles.

The technique can be used in many ways. Don't use the soymilk or the sesame seeds and just add the oven baked tofu to your other dishes. I always make extra so that I can add it to soups, salads, and veggie wraps all week long.

3. Veganite
    Balanced

Veganite Super Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +549 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    One of them tops the burger with cheese, which is simple enough to omit, or use Chao slices. The recipes look easy, and delicious.

4. Lou
    Mind-Blowing

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Oh good. I could use a homemade burger recipe. Which one should I try first?

5. Veganite
    Balanced

Ratings:
    +549 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    eeny meeny miny moe...try them all! Maybe see what ingredients you have on hand first?

6. Lou
    Mind-Blowing

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    This just appeared in my YouTube Home Page under recommended. I actually haven't tried this but I will. And besides its Natalie Portman. Plus its a little about the new documentary Eating Animals. I don't think the film ever came to any theaters near me. Has anyone seen it?

7. Kellyr

Kellyr Active Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I love watching YouTube vegan recipes, but I find it amusing that I rarely ever actually try any of their recipes. haha (If I had one that I'd tried, I'd post it. Oh wait - there's that chia berry pudding one I mentioned somewhere else. It came from this meal prep video from AvantGardeVegan:

It's about 9:30 into the video.

I did find that 1 cup of chia seeds made it a bit TOO thick for my liking, so I reduced the amount to 3/4 cup.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kellyr

Kellyr Active Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Oh - there's another recipe I love from Mind over Munch.

She is NOT vegan, however, so take the video with a grain of salt.

I make this Blender Banana Bread recipe all the time. She uses eggs, I just substitute with flax eggs, instead, and it's fantastic. I just love how easy it is.

I actually like a lot of her recipes - she does provide lots that are vegan or vegetarian. But again - she's omni, so she has meat in some of her recipes here and there (as you can see... eggs in the thumbnail pic.)

PS the bread recipe is about 2:10 into the video.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kellyr

Kellyr Active Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Ok, one more (I guess I do make more stuff from YouTube recipes than I initially thought)

This is GREAT on top of above banana bread. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lou
    Mind-Blowing

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    At the grocery store I go to, they have a peanut butter machine. I do eat a lot (too much?) PB. But I appreciate the pure peanut butter I get out of the machine. Oil-free, sugar-free, and salt-free.
    Whole foods has a PB and an almond butter machine.
    I only have a baby food processor - So i like just using the store's machine. Plus i find the clean up of the food processor sort of difficult. I don't have a dishwasher. but I wonder if you can even use a dishwasher to clean up the food processor after making PB.

11. Lou
    Mind-Blowing

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I got some steel cut oats out of curiosity, and they are supposed to be even better for you than rolled oats. IMHO cooking them is a pain. then I found this video. Making them in a rice cooker is like idiot proof. Plus the idea of mass producing a week's worth of breakfasts appeals to me.

12. Emma JC
    Joyful

Emma JC Active Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    We eat steel cut on a regular basis, on the weekends, and cook them on the stove with frozen cranberries instead of dried fruit. Cooking with the rice cooker is a great idea and if it helps you to eat them more often then I am all for that!!

I usually put blueberries and raspberries on it as well as some flax meal, chia seeds, turmeric and a splash of maple syrup.

A great video, thank you for it!

Emma JC

13. Wendy Diaz
    Relaxed

Wendy Diaz Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Hey guys. I hope you also enjoy these made by me :blush:

14. Lou
    Mind-Blowing

Lou Active Member

Ratings:
    +231 / 0 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    What happened at the beginning? Were you a robot?
    I'm going to try the black beans next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

15. Veganite
    Balanced

Ratings:
    +549 / 1 / -2
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I love this simple recipe. It's stupid easy and fast...oh, and pretty much foolproof.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hopeful
    Creative

hopeful Active Member

Ratings:
    +126 / 0 / -0
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    I just tried the Viet Vegan's vegan egg salad recipe. It's the only one I've tried from YouTube, minus the general ideas of Buddha Bowls and Smoothie Bowls. It was AMAZING. I miss egg salad sometimes, and this really, really tasted like it. I used apple cider vinegar, a sub she suggested for pickle brine. It turned out very well. Also, I didn't have black salt, so I used pink salt. I bet it would be better with black salt, though I've never tried it. Anyway, I would HIGHLY recommend this recipe.