What did you Cook or Bake Today?

I used to like the Dr. Bronner brand. I should look into it again.

Reactions: PTree15
I am actually on a long camping trip now. I contributed carrot, kale, garlic, and a tub of hummus for a noodle meal, but one involved in cooking in conjunction who would have cooked the noodles had a change of mind and contributed a can of beans and tomato sauce, and a lot of cayenne pepper (too much), and that was what there was for us to eat. It was not desired very much, so there was more for me to eat, which I had with getting bread to have with it.

That potato salad looks scrumptious, Second Summer! Now I want potato salad. :D

ETA: Today I'm going to make vegan sausages, hummus and veggie fried rice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I have potatoes that are getting old, so I should potato salad too! I have celery, sweet relish and dill pickles, just made mayo, black salt--what am I forgetting? I so rarely make that. Just haven't wanted to make potatoes and they've been so cheap!
Definitely will make a seitan--a shredded one

And...I want to try making sourdough starter. Any help is appreciated! ;)

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
And...I want to try making sourdough starter. Any help is appreciated! ;)
I'm gearing up to do that too!
I did this in April 2020 during lockdown because I couldn't get yeast. It worked really well. I did not use whole wheat flour.

Reactions: PTree15 and silva
I'm gearing up to do that too!
I did this in April 2020 during lockdown because I couldn't get yeast. It worked really well. I did not use whole wheat flour.

I like that link more than what I look at, thanks!
I think @SuicideBlonde makes starter?

I've never liked any kimchi I've tried, but still want to try and make it myself, with flavors I know I like

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I have done the sourdough starter a few times. I had one going for a while. I used the parts that you took out for fried dough and pizza. It was good. I need to start that again. I just get distracted and I kill it.

I have made kimchi once. It was fantastic. I keep saying I need to make it again.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15