35 Foods From Your Childhood That Are Extinct Now

thefadedone

Needs a life
Reaction score
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/things-from-you-childhood-that-are-extinct-now

I think I'm too old since for this article, but it's still interesting. Some of these I don't even remember (crispy M&Ms, Surge, Wonderball, Oreo- os , PB Crisps, Sprite Remix, Fruit String Thing, Josta )and others I didn't know were no longer still being produced (fruit shaped Trix, French Toast Crunch, Butterfinger BBs, tan m&ms, chocolate vanilla crème poptarts).

I miss sour altoids since I'm a sucker for anything sour.

I loved Clearly Canadian, Ecto Cooler, and Fruitopia when I was younger even though they all gave me horrible stomach pains. I never tried crystal or blue pepsi or orbitz because they all freaked me out. Seriously, wtf were those little balls floating around Orbitz soda? I missed out on the Skittles gum which actually sounds really good since I'm a gum addict. I vaguely remember the colored ketchups . I wish I took advantage of those . They look fun, yet messy.

While I really don't remember eating many of those (except for the tan m&ms), I do remember seeing nearly all of them. My gosh, what monstrosities we create! Can you imagine feeding a kid oreo or rice crispy treat cereal?!? :yuck:

I remember most of those, but I think I only tried a couple of the cereals.

I know I ate pudding pops. I remember the chocolate and tan colored M&M's. (ate those too) Clearly Canadian. French toast cereal.

I'm sure we have replaced most of those with things much worse. Piers Morgan was talking about food addictions tonight on CNN, including sugar and cheese. And how foods are marketed. I guess everything is marketed these days

I bought the green ketchup to torture Mr Ledboots, who is colorblind. :-D

The kids were maybe 5 and 9, and we squirted the green ketchup in a dish because the bottle would have given it away. Mr L did not notice the color until my son began saying things like "wow you can taste the RED in this ketchup." Mr L. said he noticed the green stuff looked darker and tasted more sugary.

I liked Pepsi clear because no caffeine.

Reactions: thefadedone
I remember nine of them. I wish I remembered Surge, cause that must be where the idea for Slurm came from. And Slurm is fabulous.
Whimmy-wham-wham-wazzle!

Surge basically tasted like Mountain Dew with even more sugar. It probably was excreted into cans by some sort of insect queen though. Not vegan. :no:

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
Hmmm, I don't remember a lot of those foods, but I do remember loving Cheese Balls and Pop Tarts, lol. Now? BLECH!

I remember most of these. Orbitz was bomb, I loved that stuff. I didn't realize most of these were 'extinct', however, so they couldn't have been that good. :p

Well, we in Sweden still have Wonder Balls.

Something that resembles it, anyway.

kinderagg440.jpg