Children Adolescence

MrsSchu2u

Forum Legend
Reaction score
It's a really hard time. I remember it being awful. I work with it every day with a ton of kindness and compassion. But today, I'd kind of like to throttle my own daughter who will be 13 in December. I know that she will come out of all this a decent person on the other side. In the meantime, I'm adding gray hairs hourly. Rough day.

It's a really hard time. I remember it being awful. I work with it every day with a ton of kindness and compassion. But today, I'd kind of like to throttle my own daughter who will be 13 in December. I know that she will come out of all this a decent person on the other side. In the meantime, I'm adding gray hairs hourly. Rough day.
Oh boy I remember those days! Don't take her clothes shopping under any circumstances! :eek:

I'm sure I'm looking at through rose colored glasses but I don't remember raising adolescents as being that bad. Probably just a parental survival instinct kicking in to make us forget everything that happened by the time they hit adulthood. :p

I'm not sure how my parents survived raising me and especially my sisters.

It was quite the night at the Schu household. one of those that it is hard to remember that we are all on the same team. Here's hoping that today is a better day.

So here's the flip side. Last night was awesome. My daughter had a great volleyball game. She's in 7th grade and had 4 really great serves and a few other good plays. It's great to watch her confidence grow. My son (a 10th grader) came home late from school and told me that he will be late on Tuesdays now because he is going to a new extracurricular club that he helped to charter at the school. He and his friend wrote a proposal, got a faculty adviser, submitted an application to the student council, and had it approved by the school board.

I remember the middle school years with my late son as being very difficult. I so admire the teachers who choose this age group to work with! I went to so many parent/teacher conferences and always told the teachers how much I appreciated their efforts. I did not have the same issues with my older son though I do not know why; kids are just so different.
My grandchildren are now in middle school and I know difficult times are ahead for their mom though they are outstanding kids despite all they have been through. I do remember being that age ... though we called it "junior high" back then. :D

The teen years are a very tense, stressful time. I don't envy the children going through them or their parents. Hopefully things will remain peaceful and stable.

I"m very fortunate. I have really awful days maybe 2 or three times per month. Then I go to work and am harshly reminded that there are people who have is so much worse in this department than I do. And for them it happens on a daily basis. I think that the other day was just The Perfect Storm in our house. Glad it has blown through.