Children Anyone else pregnant?

Congrats Almandine...that's always the way...just when you least expect it. Heh.

Good news about the u/s too. Were the docs worried that you might be high risk?

Congrats to those expecting :) hope everything goes well for you all.

I'm not pregnant or anything, but my friends had their first baby today. I feel like such a grown up; my friends are starting to get married and get mortgages and have kids. Scaaaary.

I'm not :) but my GF is :):):) . If everything goes well i'll be a father at the end of October.
ren-n-stimpy.gif

Still got lots of stuff to do in my house though.

Congrats Almandine...that's always the way...just when you least expect it. Heh.

Good news about the u/s too. Were the docs worried that you might be high risk?
I just saw this... Yeah the doctors are worried that I'm high risk and I wound up getting sent back to them. I had high blood pressure in the past so it puts me at higher risk of developing it again during pregnancy and also at higher risk of developing preeclampsia. Plus I have a rare genetic illness that makes me heal very slow and affects my immune system and also the immune system/response/whatever at the skin level. I can get infections really easily and infact I did recently develop a gum abscess even with brushing/flossing/rinsing three times a day but it's not surprising since with a bad immune system it's easier to get gum infections. So far it looks like the baby doesn't have my genetic illness and I'm really happy about that. I thought about doing amniocentesis so we'd know for sure that way when the baby is born they can be extra careful but my OB is concerned about how I may or may not heal from it and we don't know if my illness affects the placenta or anything since it's rare and there is no information out there on pregnancy with it, so this is a huge learning opportunity also for doctors. We came up with some non-invasive ways of screening (80% are born with a cleft palate or cleft lip for example) and so far everything looks great. And we're just going to assume the baby has it as far as how my labor and delivery is handled, no internal heart monitoring, no forceps, etc unless absolutely necessary to avoid any kind of skin abrasions or anything to the baby. For me we're going to try and do everything possible to avoid a c-section and epistomy, etc. While I've been excited about the pregnancy it's been hard to be over the top excited since I have so many worries about the health of the baby. It's been kind of hard with that because most people I know just can't understand it since they see me now and I seem pretty dang healthy but they didn't know me as a kid or a teenager when I was really sick a lot. But so far so good and I had another U/S today and I was really worried that they'd find a cleft lip or palate but everything looked great and I am so relieved and really happy! It was definitely a good visit today. :)

We found out that the baby is definitely a boy! Unless the baby was sticking the thumb down there at the time. ;) They gave me a print-out of that too and I'd be beyond shocked if it isn't a boy. There doesn't seem to be any mistaking it. I'm still sticking with mostly gender neutral stuff though because I've had four women tell me about their boys being born and it turns out to be a girl.

Reactions: KLS52
Congrats on everybody's pregnancies!
Me and my husband are trying for our 3rd starting this month. I'm super excited. Since I'm a psycho-planner, I'm already picking out names and nursery ideas. I have an appointment with a midwife next week, to establish myself as a new patient (she does well woman visits) and I am excited about that. I'm going for a home birth this time around, with as little medical intervention as possible.
My last two were a hole in one, so I'm hoping for that this time. Eggo get preggo!

Reactions: thefadedone
Did I already say gawd I hope not, lol. Empty nest again tomorrow at noon! This time may be it. Daughter is out for good, oldest son graduates next year and youngest son will almost assuredly have an internship the next two summers before he graduates.

Reactions: thefadedone
Did I already say gawd I hope not, lol. Empty nest again tomorrow at noon! This time may be it. Daughter is out for good, oldest son graduates next year and youngest son will almost assuredly have an internship the next two summers before he graduates.
Never say never...lol.