Aquafaba

We need aquafaba to be sold like veggie broth in the box. :D I wonder how long it will keep after you drain the chickpeas. I was thinking of saving some the next time I use canned beans for hummus. I often add some to the hummus instead of water (as my recipe calls for a 1/4 cup of water).
Everytime i've cooked chickpeas I froze the liquid. Then I take it out and let it spoil in the fridge.
I've never used it for anything but hummus
Someone is sure to make a huge profit on this--have you seen the stupid 'overnight oats' in the single serving glass jars? They're like $4 for one!

Everytime i've cooked chickpeas I froze the liquid. Then I take it out and let it spoil in the fridge.
I've never used it for anything but hummus
Someone is sure to make a huge profit on this--have you seen the stupid 'overnight oats' in the single serving glass jars? They're like $4 for one!
LOL, I have not seen single-serving overnight oats in a jar. I definitely wouldn't pay $4 for that, especially when you can make them yourself for next to nothing! :D Plus, they are so easy to make.

I saved the chickpea water in a jar in the fridge for 4-5 days and it kept fine. I don’t know if it would keep much longer than that.
I think I’m going to make some crunchy chickpeas in the oven with the ones I have. I keep forgetting about making those. I should also try to make some hummus.

Reactions: PTree15
@KLS52 How much aquafaba did you use in the cornbread?
I think it was about 1/4 cup. I didn’t really measure. I poured the liquid in a small mason jar...I have to see how many ounces it is. Then I used half of the jar.

hmmmm...I just looked up the jars on amazon and it looks like they could be 8 ounce jars so it would actually be half a cup. I’m trapped under a cat at the moment but when I get up I’ll go check and measure. They look too small to be 8 ounces but sometimes the size is deceiving.

Last edited:
So the jar is 8 ounces. Crazy. So I used half a cup!

Thank you, KLS. I might try it the next time I make cornbread. I usually use EnerG egg replacer, and it comes out pretty good, but I'd like to try the aquafaba.

Reactions: KLS52