Arcade

So, are there any other games people want to see? I feel bad sitting here not adding any, but I'm not sure what else people want.

Here's some ideas...

A Galaga (but not Galaxian) type game? I like the double ships. :D
A trivia type game, or would the same questions just be repeated each time you played?
A pachinko or pinball type game.
A yahtzee type game.

Reactions: beancounter
What are you complaining about...see how it says I haven't tried it yet? Well, yes I have...I can't even get the stupid ball to go over the hump, let alone get it into one of the scoring holes!!!:argh::rofl:

And forget the stupid pipe game...took me twenty minutes to get zero.

It's the controls, some people really struggle with game controls for some reason. Especially when there isn't a physical controller. My mother does that sometimes, even though she's one of the more computer-literate people I know. :shrug:

Would it help if I told you that, to throw the ball, you have to go to where the ball is, hold down the left mouse button until the ball disappears under the window, and then let go while moving the cursor upwards as fast as you can?

As for the pipe game, the controls are really weird. You use the enter key to shift through the pipe parts (they're displayed to the right of the screen), with the part you're currently holding in the position closest to the bottom. By pressing the space bar, you can flip the currently held part and rotate it into a position that makes sense. Then you just place it on the board by simply clicking on the square where you want it to go. You have to be pretty quick with all these things if you want to get anywhere, though. :p

Here's some ideas...

A trivia type game, or would the same questions just be repeated each time you played?
A yahtzee type game.

I'll look into all of these when I can, as well as possibly another Pipe Dream game. Reading my own description of how to play basically confused me, and I usually do well with weird control schemes. The one we have now is the only one that came up as similar to Pipe Dream but it's possible that games with similar premises exist that just aren't labeled as Pipe Dream.

ETA:
Not possible yet (unless we do a hack). It's the one feature that everybody wants, but the arcade developers are dragging their feet and haven't done a thing in months.

Indeed. I've been looking at their forums, they've gone a bit MIA.

Would it help if I told you that, to throw the ball, you have to go to where the ball is, hold down the left mouse button until the ball disappears under the window, and then let go while moving the cursor upwards as fast as you can?

No, lol. I pretty much tried that and almost lost the mouse in the process! :D

You have to be pretty quick with all these things if you want to get anywhere, though. :p

Hardy har har. :p :)

No, lol. I pretty much tried that and almost lost the mouse in the process! :D

Hardy har har. :p :)

I was serious about the being quick to get anywhere. That's probably my biggest gripe with that game - it requires you to think really, really fast, which can be a pain when mixed with the weird controls.

Maybe you'd be better suited for a game like Bejeweled or Mahjong? They require equal thought, but are less control-intensive.

I like Bejeweled. :yes: I have a few word games that I can play on my phone, too, so I'm keeping occupied. :)

Here's some ideas...

A yahtzee type game.

I like these games: http://www.geography-map-games.com/ (especially the geoquizes in the "world" section, flags & capitals). Questions repeat, but you learn in the process. No idea if they're compatible with forum sites though.