Best Unique Wedding (or couples) Songs

ledboots

Peace
Reaction score
I found this list of best "bride and grooms first dance" songs. What do you guys think? http://blogs.dexknows.com/weddings/2012/02/10-unique-wedding-dance-song-ideas/

She & Him – I Can Hear Music
The Honeycombs – Eyes
The Alabama Shakes – I Found You
Florence and the Machine – Dog Days Are Over
Sondre Lerche – Let My Love Open the Door
Peggy Lee – Fever
Arthur Alexander – Soldier of Love
Dr. Dog – Ain’t It Strange
Buddy Holly – Not Fade Away
Wanda Jackson – Breathless

Reactions: KLS52
My friends played Toots and the Maytals as they walked back up the aisle as Mr and Mrs. Cant remember the track off the top of my head though.
I believe their first dance was something by local band The SKAtoons

I don't think we're going to have a first dance, but my friend Emily has volunteered to sing at the wedding (which is going to be a picnic).

When we first started dating he made me an honest to goodness mix tape, but didn't have the courage to give it to me because who has a tape player??? None of the songs on it are remotely romantic, though. I can't think of any straight up love songs that I really love off the top of my head, but The Smith's Reel Around the Fountain fills me with good feelings about my fiancé.

(Mostly I just want to talk about my wedding because I don't have a lot of friends and I never expected to get married so I'm a bundle of confused feelings about planning one, ranging from horror that I have to plan one to excitement that I can plan a day that's not overly saccharine and reflects what we want from our life together.)

I don't think we're going to have a first dance, but my friend Emily has volunteered to sing at the wedding (which is going to be a picnic).

When we first started dating he made me an honest to goodness mix tape, but didn't have the courage to give it to me because who has a tape player??? None of the songs on it are remotely romantic, though. I can't think of any straight up love songs that I really love off the top of my head, but The Smith's Reel Around the Fountain fills me with good feelings about my fiancé.

(Mostly I just want to talk about my wedding because I don't have a lot of friends and I never expected to get married so I'm a bundle of confused feelings about planning one, ranging from horror that I have to plan one to excitement that I can plan a day that's not overly saccharine and reflects what we want from our life together.)
I thought of your new engagement when I saw the list. :)

My husband used to make me mix tapes before they even were a thing--he was mad at Time-Life for stealing his idea when they came out with Songs of the 70's tapes, lol. He used to buy an album, tape it immediately on cassette, and only play the tape. He made me some great romantic tapes, but the first was the best, so Wonderful Tonight, the first song on his mix, was our wedding song. Still cry when I hear it. :)

Plus we have an awesome collection of hundreds of LPs in perfect condition due to his only playing the tapes, not the albums. :)

Reactions: Dedalus
I don't have a list, but if I did, this song would be on it somewhere:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel right now!

Not sure if we're having a first dance, but if we do, we'll probably use this song:

This is pretty much exactly how I feel right now!

Not sure if we're having a first dance, but if we do, we'll probably use this song:

Let's talk! :)

My friend Jason is going to sing at the wedding. He's mostly a folk singer, but he'll learn anything we ask him to, so I'm going to try my best to push his limits. Both my fiance and I have extremely varied tastes in music (from Norwegian death metal to Portuguese Fado to all shades of hip hop and electronic) so this should be fun!

So far:

- The Smith's Reel Around the Fountain
- Frank Ocean's Thinking About You
- Bob Dylan's Visions of Johanna
- an as yet undetermined song by Ween

I realllllllly want Salt-N-Pepa's Shoop, but yeah...

Suggestions welcome!

Suggestions welcome!

Lol omg that would be awesome! Some how, some way this should happen! I assume there will be people attending that would probably find the song offensive and inappropriate though:rolleyes:. Sucks because I can only imagine how much fun it would be to see a whole wedding party and guests dancing to Shoop. Of course it would have to be followed by "Push It".:D

Lol omg that would be awesome! Some how, some way this should happen! I assume there will be people attending that would probably find the song offensive and inappropriate though:rolleyes:. Sucks because I can only imagine how much fun it would be to see a whole wedding party and guests dancing to Shoop. Of course it would have to be followed by "Push It".:D
Trust me, if I thought for even a second that Jason could learn the lyrics and perform it acoustically, it would be on the list. I'm not at all concerned with what anyone else thinks about this wedding - it's all about Devon and I.

Come to think of it, my maid of honour is pretty awesome at rapping (karaoke), so maybe I'll ask her to learn it.

Let's talk! :)

My friend Jason is going to sing at the wedding. He's mostly a folk singer, but he'll learn anything we ask him to, so I'm going to try my best to push his limits. Both my fiance and I have extremely varied tastes in music (from Norwegian death metal to Portuguese Fado to all shades of hip hop and electronic) so this should be fun!

So far:

- The Smith's Reel Around the Fountain
- Frank Ocean's Thinking About You
- Bob Dylan's Visions of Johanna
- an as yet undetermined song by Ween

Suggestions welcome!

Salt-N-Pepa would be AMAZING :eek: I'd make him do a cheesy pop cover of some sort, but in a folk style.

We've got five music acts lined up - we decided to put on a gig at the gig venue where we met for the reception thing. It's a bit of everything - our friend Will is a folk musician, Adam and Andrew are both rappers with different styles, five of our mates are in a heavy rock band, and we have a reggae act too. I'm super excited about the music side of things, because these are some of my favourite bands to go and see, and they'll basically be playing a set just for us where we get to pick all our favourite songs and make them do terrible covers. Wheeee :D

We played "Throne Room" from the original Star Wars as the recessional at our wedding.