Coach MJ & Nurse Mia here!šŸŒ±

Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Excited to join the forum...Coach MJ & Nurse Mia here!šŸŒ±

Hi Everyone! Weā€™re Coach MJ and Nurse Mia, and weā€™re super-excited to be part of this amazing community of fellow plant-based enthusiasts! šŸŒæ Weā€™re a lively mother-daughter team and co-founders of Hunter Health Brands LLC and Plant-based Lifestyle 101, where we empower the masses to transition to and thrive on a plant-based diet, prevent and reverse chronic conditions, and embrace a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle that's simple, sustainable, and scrumptious!

Hereā€™s a little bit about what we offer to help you on your plant-based journey:
  • Free 5-day Plant-based Kickstart Guide: Not sure where to start with plant-based living? Our free guide will help you transition with ease with meal plans, shopping lists, and actionable steps to make your journey smoother. Then stay tuned to receive plant-based education, coaching, and motivation sent straight to your inbox...a little bit of everything:
    • Mindset Monday: Tips to keep you mentally focused on eating and living better.
    • Tip Tuesday: Insider plant-based food prep and other hacks based on our combined decades of lived experience.
    • Wellness Wednesday: Holistic wellness insights to complement your plant-based transition.
    • Thrifty Thursday: Budget-friendly tips for eating plant-based without breaking the bank.
    • Foodie Friday: Delicious, simple recipes ideal for busy professionals, parents, and anyone! šŸ„‘
  • YouTube & TikTok Channels: We post regular videos with tips, recipes, and wellness insights to keep you motivated and inspired. šŸŽ„ Youā€™ll find us busting plant-based lifestyle myths and sharing wellness hacks every week!
  • Free Facebook Group: Our community is all about support and growth. We run a free community where we share resources, recipes, and tips while answering your questions. Join us for encouragement and accountability!
  • Ultimate Plant-based Planner: Designed to keep you organized, downloadable, printable our planner is packed with meal templates, habit trackers, shopping lists, and much more to make plant-based living easier and fun!
  • Plant-based Pros Collective Membership: For those wanting to go deeper, our monthly membership offers access to exclusive content, live Q&A sessions with experts, accountability check-ins, and a community of fellow plant-based pros. It's packed with resources to help you level up your lifestyle! šŸ™Œ
Weā€™re looking forward to connecting with you all, learning from each other, and supporting your plant-based journey! Feel free to drop any questions or reach out for more info on anything we offer. šŸ˜Š

Hereā€™s to living our healthiest plant-based lives!

Committed to wellness,

Coach MJ & Nurse Mia
PlantbasedLifestyle101.net
šŸŒæ "Empowering you to thrive, one plant at a time!" šŸŒ±

• Friendly
Reactions: Andy_T and Brian W
:welcome::wave:
Browsed some of your pages--looks so well thought out and accessible!

Welcome to the forum!

Wow, you are both life-long plant based eaters? Thatā€™s incredibly amazing, how did that happen?
I mean, I understand that for Mia as the daughter, but for MJ, I think it is awesome that your parents already raised you vegan! Nowadays, itā€™s close to the mainstream, but back when I was born, during all my youth, I did not even know a single other person who was vegetarian, let alone vegan!

Lou, I'm so sorry the link to download the guide wasn't cooperating when you requested it. We had a document sharing security issue that's since been resolved. I found your name on our contact list and emailed you the guide directly a few minutes ago. Please let us know how you like it. Thank for being kind enough to let us know about our technical snafu. :)

Reactions: Lou
Welcome to the forum!

Wow, you are both life-long plant based eaters? Thatā€™s incredibly amazing, how did that happen?
I mean, I understand that for Mia as the daughter, but for MJ, I think it is awesome that your parents already raised you vegan! Nowadays, itā€™s close to the mainstream, but back when I was born, during all my youth, I did not even know a single other person who was vegetarian, let alone vegan!
Thanks for the welcome, Andy! Well, the longer version of the story is that I was raised lacto-ovo vegetarian, started eating fish, chicken, and turkey for some years when my kids were growing up, then returned to a mostly plant-based diet (i.e. no meat, dairy ingredients infrequently when away from home) several years ago. I've never been completely vegan myself, although I'm darn close. lol Mia enjoys a mostly raw alkaline vegan diet. Being raised SDA, I was always surrounded by people who were vegetarian and vegan, although many were meat eaters, as well.

So how did your family come to be veg?

So how did your family come to be veg?
Hi MJ, unfortunataly Iā€™m the only one in my family who is vegan, but my younger son (20) is now at least vegetarian.

For me it wasā€the usualā€, I was raised ā€œnormalā€ i.e. with a diet of dead animals.

First time I seriously considered that a vegetarian lifestyle would be better was when I was around 12, but I did not think I could do it. Around 20 I once tried myself how long I could live without eating dead animals, and found after a month I was no longer missing it. Of course, like most other ā€œveggiesā€, I ate copious amounts of cheese, eggs and dairy.

Fast forward some 20 years more, to 2010, when I read ā€œeating animalsā€ and really found out what is wrong with the dairy and egg industry. Went vegan then and have not looked back since.

Amazing thing is that before, I had never really thought about why cows would ā€œgiveā€ us milk, even though I have kids and had noticed myself that my wife suddenly was able to produce milk. But - I guess - like most people, I had never before really thought about it.

Reactions: PTree15