Deseed a Pomegranate in 10 Seconds Using a Wooden Spoon

I bought my first pomegranate a few weeks ago, but I completely forgot about this video. :fp: I used the water in a bowl method. It worked, but it was way too time consuming. It wasn't really worth it imo. I didn't find the pomegranate to be spectacular in anyway. It was alright, but I probably won't be buying one again anytime soon. I still have some seeds in my freezer since I didn't finish them all. I'm thinking maybe I'll add them to my homemade cranberry sauce.:shrug:

^ but then you wouldnt get that satisfying popping feeling! I hate the way pomegranate makes my mouth really dry, so dont eat them a lot because of it. When I do (they are tasty enough to put up with this occasionally) I will just buy predone stuff as it was too hard to deeseed them. Not any more though! Also why does a video showing someone smacking a halved pomegranate with a spoon have to be 4 1/2 minutes long? I skipped to the good bit : p aw I want one now.

I bought my first pomegranate a few weeks ago, but I completely forgot about this video. :fp: I used the water in a bowl method. It worked, but it was way too time consuming. It wasn't really worth it imo. I didn't find the pomegranate to be spectacular in anyway. It was alright, but I probably won't be buying one again anytime soon. I still have some seeds in my freezer since I didn't finish them all. I'm thinking maybe I'll add them to my homemade cranberry sauce.:shrug:

Update: I did this as well as this:
I love pomegranate seeds sprinkled over salad.

It was fastastic! The sweetness of the pomegranate seeds paired nicely with the tartness of the cranberries in the sauce. Gave it a nice balance. They were also amazing sprinkled on my salad that was also topped with lightly roasted chickpeas.

I like pomegranate, but I didn't know about this :) My mum used to give me a cocktail stick and half a pomegranate to keep me busy for an hour or so picking the seeds out :p

Reactions: thefadedone
I show this to people all the time, as part of my job. I'm gonna make a video for our store blog and I'm pretty excited about it. Not because videos aren't out there already, but this will be nice to be someone in the community, for people in the community. I'll wear red.

Reactions: thefadedone
When I eat a pomegranate I do so over the sink because it's so messy. I put a bunch of the berries in my mouth, totally suck out the juice and then spit out the seeds. :D