Advertisement

Eggs?

Discussion in 'Food' started by Lou, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Lou
    Studious

Lou Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,029 / 4 / -7
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    Yeah, I think those guys really missed the mark.

2. Forest Nymph
    Musical

Forest Nymph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +739 / 1 / -16
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan
    It's the efficiency. That's why I brought up starvation. Eggs are efficient if you are dealing with populations living in abject poverty or in a climate where it was difficult to obtain fresh vegetables for months at a time. Because of mythologicalized accounts in the religious texts of Jews and Christians, some archeologists and historians speculate The Flood represented in Genesis where G-d allowed humans to consume animal products within limits was actually a real geological event. Namely, the ice age and the particular melt of a gigantic glacier. That in mind, one can start to see how these things happened in the frozen north.

And today, in rural China or parts of Africa people actually do eat mostly plant based diets due to lack of Western development and commerce. But they still eat eggs because they can not go to the pharmacy and buy B12. And certainly if someone is near death of famine, an egg is seen as more efficient than a four course vegetable meal.

I bring this up to be fair because this is exactly how I argue against meat eaters or people who say things about bioavailability. "Like seriously Chad, you're twenty pounds overweight and you hunt your food at the supermarket like everyone else, you don't NEED an egg, and here's the explanation for why people might."

3. Nekodaiden

Nekodaiden Active Member

Ratings:
    +322 / 1 / -6
    Lifestyle/Diet:
    Vegan

Yes, there is that. In general, I pay little attention to corporate news and especially the news organizations you mentioned. My decision to avoid them really had nothing to do with Veganism but was made many years ago when I decided to turn off corporate television programing for good. They lie about so much and are extremely active in manipulating, or attempting to manipulate public opinion. I know a lot of people see it as entertainment and cure for boredom but if they knew the psychological tactics being used against their own minds, they might think twice. I have never regretted that decision.