Fatigue after 11 months vegan

PS I think you should check up whether it is dangerous to take the amount of B12 that you are taking.

I suspect that the vitamin B12 amounts mentioned were OK e.g. "I've injected approximately 1500-2000mcg vitamin b12 a day last week and now I will only inject once a week."

You need 2-8 mcg a day but you must take a much larger amount due to low absorption rate. You need 25-100 mcg (micrograms) per day or 1000mcg if you take twice a week according to both Becoming Vegan nutrition book, and also here http://veganhealth.org/b12/rec has the same reccomendation.

I assume the above mention of 1500-2000 per day was just as an emergency to address immediate issue which is in agreement with the suggestion at the above link. As a regular weekly dose, 1500mcg is definately not too much and, if it's once per week, may even be too little. If you have had symptoms twice a week at that level may be better.

You can also have double or treble the needed level of B12, and it is thought that nothing bad happens.

Mine was due to iron deficiency. As soon as my body used up it's iron stores I felt like crap. I've added more foods and orange juice with vitamin c along with meals to better absorb the iron and it has helped immensely. Iron from plants is harder for the body to absorb than from animal products. It absorbs better when coupled with vitamin c.

I suspect that the vitamin B12 amounts mentioned were OK e.g. "I've injected approximately 1500-2000mcg vitamin b12 a day last week and now I will only inject once a week."

You need 2-8 mcg a day but you must take a much larger amount due to low absorption rate. You need 25-100 mcg (micrograms) per day or 1000mcg if you take twice a week according to both Becoming Vegan nutrition book, and also here http://veganhealth.org/b12/rec has the same reccomendation.

I assume the above mention of 1500-2000 per day was just as an emergency to address immediate issue which is in agreement with the suggestion at the above link. As a regular weekly dose, 1500mcg is definately not too much and, if it's once per week, may even be too little. If you have had symptoms twice a week at that level may be better.

You can also have double or treble the needed level of B12, and it is thought that nothing bad happens.

Cannot agree since taking supplements is just like artificial breathing, and for me the whole concept of eating vegan is what grows under us.

If you're not willing to take a supplement then consider eating nutritional yeast or cereals with added B12 at least. Got to be better than risking a B12 deficiency?

Reactions: Damo