February Health Challenge (2017)

That certainly did justify having surgery. Mine isn't that bad so she suggests that I wait until it gets much worse.

Oh okay. Yes, my knee was very painful beforehand. I was so annoyed with the doctor when he asked if I wanted the surgery. He also asked me if I had children, as if childfree women don't need the use of their legs.:p

That is because you most probably buy the original stevia extract which has a liquorice aftertaste. Some brands such as TJ's and Nu Naturals remove the liquorice taste and are quite neutral.
OMG...that's it! I couldn't put my finger on it, but it tastes like licorice!
I was thinking that original would be best. I didn't want it mixed with other chemical ingredients (I know I know, not all chemicals are bad, lol). I'm going to buy the Trader Joe's and try that. :)

Oh okay. Yes, my knee was very painful beforehand. I was so annoyed with the doctor when he asked if I wanted the surgery. He also asked me if I had children, as if childfree women don't need the use of their legs.:p

Maybe the reason for the children question was that he was concerned about who was going to care form them after your surgery ?:p

OMG...that's it! I couldn't put my finger on it, but it tastes like licorice!
I was thinking that original would be best. I didn't want it mixed with other chemical ingredients (I know I know, not all chemicals are bad, lol). I'm going to buy the Trader Joe's and try that. :)

Sugar if far worse than any (most probably harmless) treatment that it takes to remove the liquorice taste from stevia. I'm sure that you'd like the Nu Naturals which you can buy at either Sprouts or on line at iherb.com.

Reactions: KLS52
I've been doing quite badly with the healthy eating (I just can't be bothered!) but I have managed to lose another 2 lbs so far this month. I assume it is because I have been going for a long walk each day.:)

The negative side is that I have a bad knee as I had surgery a few years ago and it has been hurting. I am going to do some strength exercises for my legs after my walks.
And maybe stretch beforehand, too. How annoying to have had surgery and then still have the knee bother you. When I first start a walking regimen I have to wrap my knees in ace bandage and it seems to help a lot. After a few weeks I find I don't need the bandages anymore.

Sugar if far worse than any (most probably harmless) treatment that it takes to remove the liquorice taste from stevia. I'm sure that you'd like the Nu Naturals which you can buy at either Sprouts or on line at iherb.com.
I knew I kept you around for a reason. :)

Hey everyone! We went for a walk at the park and walked 2 miles. That combined with work got me to 10,000 steps today!

And I had my "introductory" doctor appointment today and she (yay a lady dr.) told me I was at the perfect weight and not to lose any more. But I still want to! More "wiggle room" for the over eating times!

How is everyone else doing?

My good knee has been starting to ache too, so I think I was compensating by leaning on my other leg when I was walking. I just went for a walk with different boots on and a support bandage on my bad knee and it felt much better. :)

I didn't even bother to weigh myself this week, I knew there would be no point.:D

I walked three times in the last week...much better than the zero walking I was doing lately. And I'm still able to enjoy my coffee with half the sugar and Stevia. I'm definitely adjusting and not noticing the aftertaste as much. I'm happy about that.

Reactions: Chryssie
We have been eating out quite a lot lately which is not a good idea for keeping track of calories! We did walk again at the park and despite the dining out we both managed to lose about half a pound.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Had to slow down last week and the start of this week. I was exhausted and knees hurt from dancing so much. I slept a lot Sunday, skipped Pilates last Thursday, didn't work out or dance Sunday. Today I went back to Pilates and my energy level still isn't back 100% and I struggled, but the exhausted feeling has dissipated. Not sure what is wrong with me. Work has been frustrating me and making me more depressed with some issues beyond my control. And I've got this chronic low back pain/soreness making dancing less enjoyable. :/ My appetite has decreased a lot which is rare for me. I'm really trying to slow down a little. I did lose some body fat as pants are looser, and the fat loss might also be zapping my energy too. I don't know.

Had to slow down last week and the start of this week. I was exhausted and knees hurt from dancing so much. I slept a lot Sunday, skipped Pilates last Thursday, didn't work out or dance Sunday. Today I went back to Pilates and my energy level still isn't back 100% and I struggled, but the exhausted feeling has dissipated. Not sure what is wrong with me. Work has been frustrating me and making me more depressed with some issues beyond my control. And I've got this chronic low back pain/soreness making dancing less enjoyable. :/ My appetite has decreased a lot which is rare for me. I'm really trying to slow down a little. I did lose some body fat as pants are looser, and the fat loss might also be zapping my energy too. I don't know.
I'd be impressed with myself if I did in one week what you do in one day! It sounds like you could easily burn an extra 1000 calories! I know you love it, but it's no competition. Your body needs you! <3

I made an appt with a lifestyle doctor, who was listed as a primary care doctor. I had gone to one of his lectures and was really excited. When I got there and found he only coached people into healthy lifestyles and not regular doctor stuff I was pretty let down. Mostly because I needed my asthma meds refilled and he totally screwed that up!
I did get a body fat, muscle, strength, assessment. I'm not as bad as I thought, and did lose 4 pounds since my scale quit working! It was kinda funny to hear him tell me everything I knew. He didn't seem to understand me saying 'I eat healthy alongside not healthy'. Yes, I should eat whole grains, I LIKE white flours. It was motivating though.

I'm mostly psyched by the new natural food store that opened. Amazing how easy it is to eat well when it's all around and priced right! I've had more fresh produce in the last week than I usually have in a month! Cauliflower, beets, broccoli, green beans, sweet potatoes, kale, beet greens, peppers, onions, mushrooms

Reactions: PTree15
Had two really good eating days. I think I might be back on track. *fingers crossed*
Weather will be warming a bit...in the 40's so walking should be back on, too.

Reactions: PTree15
I totally slacked on exercise this week, but today I made up for it with a 6-plus mile walk. :) It felt so good!

Struggling a lot mentally with this sudden inability to dance. My back is getting progressively worse. I will have to go into the doctor next week. Very down and out about it. I don't know what I will do with myself tomorrow. :/ Knees hurt all the time too. I'm going to take another week off lifting weights or anything strenuous. Not sure about Pilates yet.

I lost two pounds! I really feel like I'm back on track.

But I probably gained it back today because we celebrated my birthday. I had an Aztec bowl from Salsa Fresca and added my own cheese and sour cream. Then I had B & J's peanut butter cookie ice cream. For dinner I had two pieces of home made Artisan bread with vegan butter dunked in marinara sauce.

(Typed this last night and never hit "post reply", haha)

Struggling a lot mentally with this sudden inability to dance. My back is getting progressively worse. I will have to go into the doctor next week. Very down and out about it. I don't know what I will do with myself tomorrow. :/ Knees hurt all the time too. I'm going to take another week off lifting weights or anything strenuous. Not sure about Pilates yet.
:hug: It is frustrating when the body fails us.