Animal Advocacy Forsaken Lives

I shared your song and video with some of my friends. One of them, who is not yet vegetarian, but IMO on the path, just posted it on Facebook, with the following statement: "Very powerful. Think about the life that is now a meal on your plate."

I think it is highly likely that you are doing more than any of the rest of us, perhaps more than all of us combined. It's an honor to know you.

I shared your song and video with some of my friends. One of them, who is not yet vegetarian, but IMO on the path, just posted it on Facebook, with the following statement: "Very powerful. Think about the life that is now a meal on your plate."

I think it is highly likely that you are doing more than any of the rest of us, perhaps more than all of us combined. It's an honor to know you.

This makes me very happy. The overall message - that is what is important, and to know that the song/video is having the desired effect is just awesome.

You are very gracious. I am honored and proud to be a member of this board and associated with yourself and the great network of like-minded, passionate individuals in this community.

...now available at Bandcamp.

Joe Wilford

It's been nearly a year that one of our most gifted members Dedalus, created this masterpiece. I must say that there has not been a week during all these months, that I have not listened to the song.

It is simply a pure delight.

Thank you Dedalus. :thanks:

Last edited:
It's been nearly a year that one of our most gifted members Dedalus, created this masterpiece. I must say that there has not been a week during all these months, that I have not listened to the song.

It is simply a pure delight.

Thank you Dedalus. :thanks:

To my dear and precious VV friend Shyvas - you flatter me speechless except to say thank you, thank you, thank you. To you and to IS and this whole forum of wonderful members - I LOVE YOU ALL!

Having a featured thread really knocked me out. Wow. You cats are awesome.

This is me: :starshower: literally.

To my dear and precious VV friend Shyvas - you flatter me speechless except to say thank you, thank you, thank you. To you and to IS and this whole forum of wonderful members - I LOVE YOU ALL!

Having a featured thread really knocked me out. Wow. You cats are awesome.

This is me: :starshower: literally.

Well no, we don't want you speechless because we want more songs ! :D

Reactions: KLS52 and Dedalus
Recently I was contacted via Twitter by a film-maker doing a vegan documentary - she wanted to know if she could use Forsaken Lives in the movie she's making. (Of course I agreed, so we'll see what happens!) I'm not getting too excited about it - the film hasn't even been made yet - and I'm realistic about what it means anyway, but it's still kind of cool.

I somehow missed this the first time around, but holy crap, Dedalus! What a heartbreakingly beautiful, haunting song. You can so hear the passion in your voice. The video is so disturbing, moving, infuriating and lovely all at the same time. Well done, sir, and thank you from the bottom of my animal-loving heart for sharing your amazing talent. People need to hear/see this.

Reactions: Dedalus and KLS52
I somehow missed this the first time around, but holy crap, Dedalus! What a heartbreakingly beautiful, haunting song. You can so hear the passion in your voice. The video is so disturbing, moving, infuriating and lovely all at the same time. Well done, sir, and thank you from the bottom of my animal-loving heart for sharing your amazing talent. People need to hear/see this.

I heart you so much. Thank you eternally, PT. :hug:

I heart you so much. Thank you eternally, PT. :hug:
Thank YOU! I made myself watch the video, even though I knew I would cry through the whole thing. The music and video complement each other so well.

Thank YOU! I made myself watch the video, even though I knew I would cry through the whole thing. The music and video complement each other so well.

I really, really tried to keep the video gore down to a minimum, but the sadness - no chance of muting that. PT, you rock. I am humbled by your kindness.

Reactions: PTree15
I really, really tried to keep the video gore down to a minimum, but the sadness - no chance of muting that. PT, you rock. I am humbled by your kindness.
Oh, you definitely did, but the sadness of the reality of what goes on cannot be denied. I cry when I see a truck full of animals on the road because I know their lives are hell.

I played this song on acoustic guitar at an open mic in a restaurant/bar - no veg options on the menu. I often frequent this open mic because the audience is really quiet and listens very respectfully to everyone. It was my own little revolution.

***I really need some good AR stickers to put on my guitar. Maybe in a nod to Woody Guthrie I need to make one that says: 'This machine kills speciesists!'

Reactions: PTree15
I played this song on acoustic guitar at an open mic in a restaurant/bar - no veg options on the menu. I often frequent this open mic because the audience is really quiet and listens very respectfully to everyone. It was my own little revolution.

***I really need some good AR stickers to put on my guitar. Maybe in a nod to Woody Guthrie I need to make one that says: 'This machine kills speciesists!'

I'm certain that the audience was spellbound.:smitten: