US Free admission to participating museums on September 27, 2014

Amy SF

Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
The Museum Day Live! Ticket provides free admission for two people.

In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, who offer free admission everyday, Museum Day Live! is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Live! ticket… for free.

Smithsonian magazine is presenting their tenth annual museum day live! Visit this page: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/venues/
to request a ticket (starting August 1st, click on the Tickets link for the request form) for you and a guest for free admission to any participating museum in the US on September 27, 2014. Use the link above to search for museums near you. Check back often as more museums may be added to the list for each state. For best results, skip the zip code and search only by state.

Here the FAQs.

When is Museum Day Live!?
Saturday, September 27, 2014

How do I find out if a museum in my neighborhood is participating?
Visit the Find a Museum page to locate a participating museum in your area.

Where do I find the Museum Day Live! ticket?
The Museum Day Live! ticket is available on the Ticket Information page. Fill out the form and you will be emailed instruction on downloading your ticket.

Can anybody get free admission on Museum Day Live!?
No, you must present the Museum Day Live! ticket for you and one guest.

Can I bring my whole family to Museum Day Live!?
No, the Museum Day Live! ticket is only good for two people per household, per address. If you go to Museum Day Live! with more than one guest, your other guests will have to pay full admission.

Are all museums in the country participating in Museum Day Live!?
No, museums must elect to participate. Find a museum in your area now.

Where is my ticket email? I submitted the ticket form, but I haven’t received the email.
Please check your Spam or Junk folder for the email. The email was sent from museumday@si.edu.

Last edited: