Goth and vegan

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hey,
I just went vegan again. I have ocd and binge eating disorder. My ocd relates to my veganism and other lifestyle choices a lot.
I am also goth and I really don’t want veganism to detract from my goth obsession or make me any less goth.
Are any of you guys goth as well? Is there a tendency to also be vegan in the goth subculture?
Thanks.

Well done going vegan again best wishes
If it is a help to you there are vegan heavy metal bands, the clothes do not need to be animal skin eg plastic, faux leather and t shirts like this saying ‘Death in my Metal, not in my food’
🤟

Reactions: deadknight
I am mostly gothic
You can be anything and be Vegan
There are many gothic vloggers out there that are vegan or vegans that are gothic.

It was around the time that I was a goth, back in the 1980s that I first became interested in vegetarianism/veganism so I can't see a contradiction. Just don't become a real vampire!;)

It was around the time that I was a goth, back in the 1980s that I first became interested in vegetarianism/veganism so I can't see a contradiction. Just don't become a real vampire!;)
No clamato juice either, sadly

Hey,
I just went vegan again. I have ocd and binge eating disorder. My ocd relates to my veganism and other lifestyle choices a lot.
I am also goth and I really don’t want veganism to detract from my goth obsession or make me any less goth.
Are any of you guys goth as well? Is there a tendency to also be vegan in the goth subculture?
Thanks.
I am pretty sure veganism doesn't contradict your being a goth. (Have been mistaken for a goth a few times, though I am not one, just meeting a few of the stereotypes and have a few Sisters Of Mercy T-shirts... if this counts. My being darkly inclined doesn't stop me from being vegan, at least. Nor does veganism stop me from being darkly inclined, either.)
However, having such conditions must affect your quality of life! I hope you're improving. A vegan lifestyle can help a lot.

Good to see I am not alone with my opinion.
Do you know the comic serie about Vlad Teh Vegan Vampire? He seems to be for real (rotfl)

Reactions: PTree15