Humans close to wiping out another species

So are you saying that someday fleas, ticks and parasites should not be killed? Because that's the only context in which your argument above is relevant.

I'd suggest rereading my posts. Here, I quoted them for you:

It would depend on one's personal philosophy. I kill mosquitoes and ticks. I dewormed and gave my cats flea treatments when I first got them. I'm pretty comfortable with that.
I don't think ticks, fleas and parasitic worms should receive the same consideration as other animals.

My point was that none of us should base our personal philosophy based on what other people think about that philosophy. It's foolish. Be true to yourself and don't forgo an idea just because it's unpopular.

I'd suggest rereading my posts. Here, I quoted them for you:

My point was that none of us should base our personal philosophy based on what other people think about that philosophy. It's foolish. Be true to yourself and don't forgo an idea just because it's unpopular.

Thanks for quoting yourself. I did read your posts the first time. You might try re-reading my posts, and you might then realize that I didn't say anything about foregoing an idea because it's unpopular, or that we should base our personal philosophy on what other people think.

Ah, see, we have an understanding.

You mentioned how other people may label someone as an "extremist nutjob". I thought you were implying that if others thought someone was an "extremist nutjob", a philosophy wasn't worth holding.

I was wrong.

You know I was being sarcastic, right? :p

Despite the fact that humans do a lot of shitty things, I agree with you. People here sometimes seem to have this irrational hate for humankind, and I don't quite agree with that.
We are killing two billion animals per week. We drive 10,000 species to extinction every year. If some people still want to hold humans on a pedestal as the sin qua non of creation in spite of knowing this I guess there isn't much anyone can do to change their minds, but to be outraged at this truth is hardly irrational. :(

We are killing two billion animals per week. We drive 10,000 species to extinction every year. If some people still want to hold humans on a pedestal as the sin qua non of creation in spite of knowing this I guess there isn't much anyone can do to change their minds, but to be outraged at this truth is hardly irrational. :(

All of what you've said is true, but I don't think that means we should hate ourselves and we suck. One can refuse to put humans on a pedestal and still think that they have the right to live like any other species.

Your :( does not convince me, although it is tempting to agree with you simply because it is pitiful. :p

Reactions: Queerasaurus Rex
I don't happen to think humans have the right to live at the cost of all those whom they kill. The :( was to signify my inability to reconcile myself to this massive and savage destruction of life.

And I've thought this way since I was around twelve. I can't see it any other way. Not for lack of trying. It's not fun to spend your life in constant rage that has no outlet and will see no end.

I don't happen to think humans have the right to live at the cost of all those whom they kill. The :( was to signify my inability to reconcile myself to this massive and savage destruction of life.

And I've thought this way since I was around twelve. I can't see it any other way. Not for lack of trying. It's not fun to spend your life in constant rage that has no outlet and will see no end.

I feel bad for you. I have hope for the future, even if humans suck right now.

When I took my first chemistry class in my freshman year of high school we put some hydrogen in a flask and burned it and then we reflected on how much effort went into manufacturing the hydrogen and and the waste involved in the experiment.

Well, I'd argue that being the pinnacle of creation and being the morale pinnacle of creation are two different things.

Well, I'd argue that being the pinnacle of creation and being the morale pinnacle of creation are two different things.
Well sin qua non is more of an essential element than a pinnacle. As if the world is nothing without humans in it. The world did much better before humans evolved, and it will improve vastly once we have pulled the final boner that will take us out along with almost everyone else. It's not as if there haven't been a pretty large number of major extinction events in the earth's history. I just don't like being in the middle of one, surrounded by hordes of morons who, by virtue of their much self-lauded superior intelligence, ought to know better by now, but obviously do not.

so, why does it matter if some of us are more fans of nonhuman animals?? I definitely tend to like animals more than humans. on a scale of how humanity acts AND from meeting people. That combination has helped me move from the big city to being away from so much humanity. there's nothing wrong with not being a big fan of humanity.