I'm a great-aunt!

This is an evite from Asher's maternal grandmother:

MESSAGE FROM HOST
Please join us for an Ashe Dandonroe, which is a traditional Persian party, where we serve Ashe Reshteh soup to celebrate Asher getting his first tooth. Brunch will also be served.

:D

I don't have any video to post, but Asher is now scooting absolutely EVERYWHERE on his hands and knees, and is now walking with help. Time flies when Asher's having fun. He's going to be 10 months old in a few days. :D

Note: I had to look up Ashe Reshteh soup, and this is what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_reshteh

So it's vegetarian, but not vegan. I don't know if they'll leave the dairy out of it.

Well, Asher is going to be 11 months old on March 8. There is a party planned at the end of the month to celebrate his first birthday. I can't believe it's been almost a year since he was born. His parents took him to Hawaii a couple months ago! Lucky baby! I'm in my 50s and I've never been to Hawaii!

Anyway, his mom said he's up to about 23 pounds now. I don't know if that's typical for an 11 month old, or for a preemie, or what. Maybe ledboots can tell me. :)

Wow, I can't believe he's almost a year old! You'll have to post some pics of him after the party. :)

Well, Asher is going to be 11 months old on March 8. There is a party planned at the end of the month to celebrate his first birthday. I can't believe it's been almost a year since he was born. His parents took him to Hawaii a couple months ago! Lucky baby! I'm in my 50s and I've never been to Hawaii!

Anyway, his mom said he's up to about 23 pounds now. I don't know if that's typical for an 11 month old, or for a preemie, or what. Maybe ledboots can tell me. :)
Yes, that is a fine weight. :) Usually the premature babies catch right up. :)

Reactions: Amy SF
I haven't posted any new photos of either Asher or his brother Judah (born this past June) on VeggieViews because their parents don't want their pictures on the internet anymore. It's a little disappointing for me since they've both grown so much, but I have to respect their privacy. :cool: Asher is now 2 & 1/2 years old and is a little dynamo. Not even the dog can keep up with him anymore. :p

Here is little Olivia, my great-niece who was born on Christmas Eve. She's a peanut; she weighed in at 5 1/2 pounds, full term.

1656046_10100431448191689_5860032867473283280_n.jpg

She's absolutely darling! Christmas Eve babies are awesome...my grandson was born on Christmas Eve. He just turned 7!

Reactions: PTree15 and Amy SF
Thank you, KLS! I am hoping to meet her next week! My sniffles should be gone by then. :)
That's cool that you have a Christmas Eve baby in the mix, too.

Do Christmas kids get twice as many presents, or the same number of presents?

My niece was born the day before Halloween, so for several years running she had Halloween-themed birthday parties. When she was old enough, she finally said, "Please, no more." :D

LOL, Amy, I'm not sure whether they do or not, but they should definitely get gifts specifically for their birthday, I think. Just so they don't think they are getting lumped in with Christmas...first-world problems! :D

I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but turns out it is. I don't get to see Josh on his birthday, ever, because they do Christmas Eve with the in laws (and now it's just Lori since John died). We get Christmas Day. So even though I always have a separate gift for his birthday it always got overshadowed by the Christmas celebration. So this year I finally got smart and went to visit the weekend before. We had an actual birthday party for him. I now call dibs on the weekend just before his birthday for ever and ever, lol. Daughter said its fine. :)

Reactions: Amy SF and PTree15
I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but turns out it is. I don't get to see Josh on his birthday, ever, because they do Christmas Eve with the in laws (and now it's just Lori since John died). We get Christmas Day. So even though I always have a separate gift for his birthday it always got overshadowed by the Christmas celebration. So this year I finally got smart and went to visit the weekend before. We had an actual birthday party for him. I now call dibs on the weekend just before his birthday for ever and ever, lol. Daughter said its fine. :)
A fine idea. I might propose something similar to my niece to see what she says. Olivia should get a proper birthday day. :)

Reactions: KLS52