Just egg replaces 2 million chicken eggs

very good news.

just think how many eggs will be saved once they lower the price.

I just wish they used a cardboard container rather than a plastic one.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
Have you all tried the Just Egg?
I heard mixed reviews so have been contemplating buying it

I have not had it. I was going to buy it until I saw the price. It's sort of expensive. However, I've only seen positive reviews.

Reactions: KateC
It has about the same texture and consistency of scrambled chicken eggs. I like it but you don't get much out of it. Follow your heart's vegan egg is slightly cheaper and you get way more out of it.

Reactions: Vegan Dogs
It has about the same texture and consistency of scrambled chicken eggs. I like it but you don't get much out of it. Follow your heart's vegan egg is slightly cheaper and you get way more out of it.
I'll have to check that one out. Thanks!

Definitely has good texture - flavor is far better than Follow Your Heart imho. You still have to season it as it has a "bean-y" taste. I think I'd still pick scrambled tofu, but I'm so glad that these options are available and selling so well!

Reactions: Sax and KateC
I use Neat Eggs for baking its a combo of garbanzo beans & chia seed you would think it would give a wierd taste but no it does not. I love this egg subs. save so many babys..

Reactions: David3
I finally broke down and got the Just Egg.
A little expensive but I REALLY like it. So much that I think it might become something I buy all the time.

there are about 8 "eggs" in a bottle and if you are used to using 2 - 3 eggs in your scrambles then you are going to get no more than 4 servings a bottle. I have been going traditional with hashbrowns and Field Roast Breakfast sausage but I already want to try some different styles.

I don't think I realized how much I missed a traditional breakfast till I made one. I haven't made a tofu scramble in ages and now I want to start making those too.

and to cement my good feelings on Just Egg I just got this article in my email box and it is one of the best pieces on eggs I've seen.

Finally, every once in a while we open a discussion on if Backyard Chicken eggs are ok. I think where that discussion always should include is that eggs certainly aren't essential or necessary. They aren't even that healthy.

Reactions: Emma JC
I finally broke down and got the Just Egg.
A little expensive but I REALLY like it. So much that I think it might become something I buy all the time.

there are about 8 "eggs" in a bottle and if you are used to using 2 - 3 eggs in your scrambles then you are going to get no more than 4 servings a bottle. I have been going traditional with hashbrowns and Field Roast Breakfast sausage but I already want to try some different styles.

I don't think I realized how much I missed a traditional breakfast till I made one. I haven't made a tofu scramble in ages and now I want to start making those too.

and to cement my good feelings on Just Egg I just got this article in my email box and it is one of the best pieces on eggs I've seen.

Finally, every once in a while we open a discussion on if Backyard Chicken eggs are ok. I think where that discussion always should include is that eggs certainly aren't essential or necessary. They aren't even that healthy.

and I have just noticed on Plant Based News that Canada is finally getting Just Egg in the fall - I am quite happy with tofu scramble and yet I may make it more often if I had some Just Egg around

we are also getting Gardein's new meaty soups, this summer, looking forward to those too

Emma JC

Reactions: David3 and Lou
At least it isn’t $8 a bottle anymore. Me and my mom like to get one a week. Sometimes I’ll make some on toast, or have an egg, bacon (sweet earth) and cheese sandwich (miyokos or 365 vegan cheese)
I think Just Egg tastes better, it doesn’t have a weird after taste like chicken eggs do.

Reactions: David3 and Emma JC
Not tried this. I had a tofu scramble in a restaurant in the US a few years I think, Philadelphia, and it was just like eggs in colour, texture and taste, I don't know how they did it but it was good (I can look up the place possibly if anyone is from there). I went back home and tried the same thing myself with a recipe and mine was nothing like eggs. However, I still liked it and I buy a block of tofu and have tofu scramble for breakfast from time to time.

i am enjoying my little bottle of Just Eggs. I just saw that my grocer has frozen folded Just Eggs. Four folded eggs for $5.

I'm thinking of egg sandwiches.

I like the frozen patties because the bottles expire pretty fast after opening them. I like having Just Egg scrambles, so I like having both around.

I got some frozen patties. They are great. I'm going to try and always have a box in the freezer. My new go-to emergency food - egg sandwiches.

Reactions: David3
Not tried this. I had a tofu scramble in a restaurant in the US a few years I think, Philadelphia, and it was just like eggs in colour, texture and taste, I don't know how they did it but it was good (I can look up the place possibly if anyone is from there). I went back home and tried the same thing myself with a recipe and mine was nothing like eggs. However, I still liked it and I buy a block of tofu and have tofu scramble for breakfast from time to time.

Adding Indian black salt ("kala namak", available at Indian sweets and spices shops) creates a very convincing, egg-like taste: Kala namak - Wikipedia .

Indian black salt sprinkled on avocado has both the taste and texture of hard boiled egg yolk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou

Adding Indian black salt ("kala namak", available at Indian sweets and spices shops) creates a very convincing, egg-like taste: Kala namak - Wikipedia .

Indian black salt sprinkled on avocado has both the taste and texture of hard boiled egg yolk.

I was never an egg eater, and begrudingly used in baking when I didn't know better--but--when I bought kala namak for my son who always had liked eggs it was so darn intriguing I'm hooked!
I always use it for tofu scramble, often just that and pepper. Of course tofu sandwich spread with pickles and onion
On potato salad, pasta salad, and on toast with spread and nooch!
Stinky stuff though! The idea of using on avocado to resemble yolks makes me gag! (hate avocado and yolks)

Reactions: Emma JC