Last Thing You Bought?

Haven't purchased quite yet but we are looking into a new clothes dryer that is energy efficient and a heat pump for the lower level so that we don't have to use the baseboard heating.

We are being bled dry by our electric company Eversource. The consumer is being hit with a public benefits charge that is an outrageous 29%. It's to pay for people who were unable to pay their electric bills during covid and for charging stations for electric vehicles (whether you own one or not). There's going to be a protest in a week or so in Hartford. I think NBC news is going to cover it. Part of the issue is that the people who were are unable to pay are being billed now...so it's like they are double dipping. Consumers are outraged and rightfully so.
That company irritates me on so many levels. I cannot believe what they are able to get away with regarding consumers. I am especially peeved at having to foot the bill for the charging stations. Electric cars sound like a great idea, but the average consumer (like me) can't afford the price, not to mention the electrical upgrades I'd have to pay for to accommodate charging the car at home. And the credits and rebates offered for the cars/electrical work are paltry. And double dipping on their part is unconscionable!

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
I bought some yarn at a thrift store and a couple of skeins of thick blanket yarn from Walmart. I also picked up a collapsible hamper for my bedroom.

Reactions: Chryssie and KLS52
We replaced our toaster and our kettle as we wanted a 4 slot toaster and our kettle leaks water when you pour out of it!

I also bought this in a charity shop. I wanted a snack dish for watching TV and I thought this was nicer than buying a plastic one.

20240908_141410.jpg

I bought: about 6.5 pounds of dry organic garbanzo beans, 4 pounds of locally-grown dry cranberry beans, and about 4.5 pounds of dry-roasted unsalted peanuts. It all came to about $43, but it will last me quite some time! I have my receipt with me; the least expensive thing were the cranberry beans, at about $2 per pound. I don't think I've had them before; they're the size of Navy beans, or maybe a little bigger, but have a color sort of in-between pinto and kidney beans, maybe?

I'll keep everything in the fridge- or maybe in the vestibule, once the really cold weather gets here.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
I make soy yogurt, mostly make things with it, but I do love to strain it. I'll either use a nut milk bag and hang, or a coffee filter in a strainer for small amounts. I'd love this---
Not gonna buy it though. I've been buying too much, esp kitchen stuff

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52